Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I hired a 991 Targa 4 (Pics)

911_AS

Sao Paulo
As the title suggests, after 18 months of not driving a 911, I was suffering from a severe case of IFS (itchy feet syndrome). A busy Bank Holiday weekend required the use of a car, so after some illogical man-maths and convincing the better half, I looked into hiring a Porsche. Why not eh?!

I found Avis had a Carrera and a Targa on their fleet, and chose the C2. Sadly, it was pre-booked so the Targa remained. Beggars can't be choosers, oh well, the Targa 4 it is.

After two days with it, I can confidently say it was a fantastic car. I come from an old-school Manual-Transmission mentality, but I found the PDK to be nothing short of superb. The PSE was always on, and the Sport Mode really made a difference to the handling and overall tightness and responsiveness to the car. Must admit, the AWD system did feel slightly heavier than the nimble 2WD of my old 997 C2S. However, it's marginal on normal roads and does offer a slight dose of confidence

And that roof, wow, it really is a thing of beauty. A great weekend, and worth every penny.

Enjoy. :D

Attachments

• image2_704.jpg
    image2_704.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 6,418
  • image3_205.jpg
    image3_205.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 6,418
  • image5_898.jpg
    image5_898.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 6,418
  • image6_806.jpg
    image6_806.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 6,418
I really like targas, very underrated IMO.

Did you think about calling the OPC and telling them you've got itchy feet and would like to have a 991 for the weekend for an extended test drive?

I must be a tight Scotsman :)

Nice snaps. Love the Targa from a design perspective.

Nah, not really. I was planning on driving circa ~ 200 miles, hence that would be cheeky, and knowing my luck something awful would happened. Karma always has it's foot kicking my ass! [/quote]

My boss got one to use when his car was in for a service.

Any excuse for some more gratuitous Targa pics:

Love them too. A great modern twist on a retro car.

Love the Targas, especially the 991, that roof mechanism is like a Optimus Prime taking his hat off :lol:

kurlykris said:
Love the Targas, especially the 991, that roof mechanism is like a Optimus Prime taking his hat off :lol:

BRILLIANT! :)

I'm a tad annoyed actually. The hire car company have charged me Two days congestion charge AND extra for fuel.

I filled the car to the very brim before returning (kept receipt), and there was NO congestion charge on Sunday and BH Monday. I've written to them to refund my card, as I see no reason for the charges.

HSC911 said:
My boss got one to use when his car was in for a service.

Any excuse for some more gratuitous Targa pics:

Love the colour and wheels on that Targa! Although I must admit the Rear Wiper looks a tad odd and a little out of place. :?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back