Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

new

orac

Hello all

New owner. Polar silver 1992 964 c4 manual /red leather interior / aircon / cruise control

New to forums as well.

First 911. Boyhood dream since first seeing one at 7 years old back in 1977.

six months into ownership.

I am keen to meet other 964 owners at a car meet. Could anyone recommend an up and coming car meeting please ?

:welcome: to 911uk and to 911 ownership.

There's lots of 964 owners on here. There a great bunch and do organise/attend events. Whereabouts are you based?

Let me also be the first to say .... :useless:

:thumb:

Welcome to the fold.....
Always welcome a new member with a 964 :thumb:

orac said:
Boyhood dream since first seeing one at 7 years old back in 1977.

Likewise - except 1963 in my case, and the launch of the 911. Only took me 50 years to realise my dream :eek:ld:

+1 to welcomes from Chief and T8. :thumbs:

:thumb: :worship: :thumb: worth the wait .. enjoy 8)

Hello, good evening and welcome :thumbs:

Thank you for all your warm welcomes, and car meeting advise.

Unfortunately, my pictures are not up loading. I will work on it.

New

Welcome and nice pics, it looks mint! :bow:
I have a silver on but in bits at the moment (we'll probably next few years at this rate)!
Cheers
Peter

Orac,

depending how far north in Bedfordshire you are, the Ace Café in Park Royal has a Porsche night on the last Monday of every month from 6pm-close. There is a pretty good turnout - about 50-70 Porsches and yes, other 964 owners turn up. The last Monday in August is the Bank Holiday Monday.

Wow, silver and red look like a great combination. Good looking car, enjoy!

Thanks again,

Helpful heads up on ace cafe meet.

I have added a couple more pics.

I am slowly discovering that the car has had a number of different mods.

For example,

The cup holder has been removed, and the engine was moved to the rear of the car.

other bits that appear to not be stock are..

Steering wheel
interior
brakes
an air box cover with holes, which are not hand drilled or stock ?
paint...it has been repainted stock colour.
exhaust silencer and a part of the system that runs left to right has vanished.
suspension I think is a company called KW ? The car sits lower, but low enough to warrant a pioneer sticker for the rear window.
I think the wheels are different, they might be magnesium cup wheels, 17inch cups?? But I am not sure.
air con mod so that it runs on legal gas

Hoping to meet someone at a car meet who can explain it all to me.

Knowledge gained so far,

I figured out how to check the oil without overfilling
I know who magnus walker is
I learnt why the Rev counter needle was spun round the wrong way

Mondrian said:
Congrats, that looks like Adam's old car that had a nice interior job at southbound, remember seeing it at RPM a few months ago - ultra rare combo, enjoy.

http://rennlist.com/forums/964-forum/551195-interior-re-trim-complete-pics.html

Great ! Thankyou so much for this link ! I checked the service history and this car was indeed owned by an Adam ! I also have the receipts for the interior.

Yes, I also purchased the car from RPM ! I dealt with a guy called Greig ( really nice guy) he made the experience relaxing ( it was a very large purchase for a humble chap like me)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back