Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Beautiful GT3 mk1 Cat c for sale

Niall996

Imola
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201506094174188/

Just saw this on autotrader so could be a repost. But what struck was how well it looks. Something about the angle of the photographs really brings out what is beautiful and timeless about the original narrow body Carrera design. Maybe I will get that Gt3 kit after all and tweak the suspension! And paint the wheels! Even the amber headlight bits seem to work.

I saw this car when I went there to look at a 997 Cab they had for sale. Its very very nice and if I remember right it was repaired by Porsche or has been inspected by them and is perfect in every way except the V5C so well worth the money.

I did not end up buying the 997 mainly because I did not want a cab but it was also a bit over my budget at the time. I have been to the dealers a few times though as its very impressive. If your ever in Sheffield I can't stress enough that you should take 30mins to call in and have a look around. Its a proper car/bike enthusiast place.

Ill be looking in there again for my next purchase when ever that is.

looking at the photos the outside seems mint, but the shots of the inside seem tatty, does a GT3 really have no carpets?

Do you know anything about the Cat C, was it front impact?

It does look like a great buy for someone. Way outside my budget and even if I had that money to splash on a car, I don't think I'd spend it on a 996 GT3 but I know many people adore them, and they look investment bullet proof. Even with CATC, will that really make any difference to anyone in the future?

Never been a fan of the mk1 GT3. Although it's obviously spent it's life on a track judging by the upgrade inside.

I do find it unusual that people would only buy a bog standard car though. It is after designed as a track car and if people have added things to make it better then surely that should make it more desirable?

isysman said:
Never been a fan of the mk1 GT3. Although it's obviously spent it's life on a track judging by the upgrade inside.

I do find it unusual that people would only buy a bog standard car though. It is after designed as a track car and if people have added things to make it better then surely that should make it more desirable?

I get he feeling that plenty of GT3 owners don't actually buy their cars for the track at all (bar a once in a blue moon tentative frollick) and would run a mile from a fully race prepared stripped out interior. Racing isn't really what they're signing up for (but shh! don't say that too loudly). Sometimes the line between a certain type of GT3 owner and someone who makes their non GT3 car look like a GT3 is a lot thinner than you think!

isysman said:

If I buy a GT3 I would happily consider modified ones as long as its been done well.

However having crashed a track car to a cat C (and having it fixed 'perfectly) in the past, I can safely say they are never the same again. Unless that is you don't know what it was like beforehand.

This example however looks like the afterbirth of a GT3, and whatever modifications its had serve only to reduce its appeal to me further.

Niall996 said:
isysman said:

I get he feeling that plenty of GT3 owners don't actually buy their cars for the track at all (bar a once in a blue moon tentative frollick) and would run a mile from a fully race prepared stripped out interior. Racing isn't really what they're signing up for (but shh! don't say that too loudly). Sometimes the line between a certain type of GT3 owner and someone who makes their non GT3 car look like a GT3 is a lot thinner than you think!

I think you speak a lot of sense but shhhh!

ragpicker said:
isysman said:

If I buy a GT3 I would happily consider modified ones as long as its been done well.

However having crashed a track car to a cat C (and having it fixed 'perfectly) in the past, I can safely say they are never the same again. Unless that is you don't know what it was like beforehand.

This example however looks like the afterbirth of a GT3, and whatever modifications its had serve only to reduce its appeal to me further.

I know you're not worried about modifying your cars ragpicker! Just thought it looked like a track car inside. I wouldn't buy a car for £50k that was a cat c. Especially one that has almost certainly been crashed on a track.

isysman said:
ragpicker said:
isysman said:

I know you're not worried about modifying your cars ragpicker! Just thought it looked like a track car inside. I wouldn't buy a car for £50k that was a cat c. Especially one that has almost certainly been crashed on a track.

:thumb:

Yeah, I know. I also take your point that some modifications could add value to the right person... But this car ain't one of them for me!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back