Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Yet another big shout for Exel Wheels

T8

Super Moderator
I picked up my newly refurbed Turbo wheels today. Chris advised against my idea of going for a black background and I'm really happy with the dark anthracite we eventually went with.

I've never been a fan of the standard highly polished finish of the wheels - especially on a red car - but I took Chris' advice about not getting them painted. The solution was to go with polished wheels but finished with dark satin lacquer. My favoured coloured centres were done to match and Chris's usual attention to detail made sure that they fitted nicely.

Refurbed wheel bolts and four new PS2s completed the job.

Nothing short of stunning! :thumb: Will certainly go to Chris when mine need doing, would like to get hold of a set of Gen 2 Turbo wheels but they are like hens teeth. :roll:

Absolutey stunning! I think anyone would be hard pressed to say a 996 turbo is better looking than your 997 Terry.

Very nice indeed :thumb:

Nice, shiny wheels bolts always complete the finish!

p.s. is there a forum discount? :?:
£90 +VAT per wheel (as per the website) is quite a lot...

Shaoxter said:
Nice, shiny wheels bolts always complete the finish!

p.s. is there a forum discount? :?:
£90 +VAT per wheel (as per the website) is quite a lot...

When you factor in the level of service provided, and that you are left with a set of replacement wheels on your Porsche whilst your wheels have been taken away for the refurb, I think Chris represents exeptional value. He also comes to where you are, removing the hassle of dropping off and collecting your car from some possible inconvenient location.
His end product is the best.*

You get what you pay for. :thumb:

*IMO

pzero said:
When you factor in the level of service provided, and that you are left with a set of replacement wheels on your Porsche whilst your wheels have been taken away for the refurb, I think Chris represents exeptional value. He also comes to where you are, removing the hassle of dropping off and collecting your car from some possible inconvenient location.
His end product is the best.*

You get what you pay for. :thumb:

*IMO

:agree: AND he'll get you tyres, wheel centres, bolts etc etc at a very competitive price.

^^^ +1. I'm on my third set of wheel refurbs with Chris (2 x Porsche and 1 x Volvo) and I wouldn't go anywhere else. Quality and service is unbeatable and worth paying a wee bit extra for.

Your car looks awesome Terry!! :) WANT!!

bakerboy4s said:
Excellent job, are they wet sprayed or powder coated?

Powder coated, wet sprayed anthracite, polished fronts, satin lacquered.

T8 said:
bakerboy4s said:
Excellent job, are they wet sprayed or powder coated?

Powder coated primer, wet sprayed anthracite, polished fronts, satin lacquered.

Thanks Terry glad it all worked and they do look stunning :)

New TPMS valves also finish the job.

Oh my?!

If they are as good in the flesh as they are in the pics I think Chris talked you into a sublime option. I don't think I have seen 997.1 turbo wheels look better on any car!

So are these still 'diamond cut' or is a 'polished' face a different thing?! Is it just the darker lacquer that transforms them from BLING into BOOM!?

YUM YUM!!

Is Chris still around?

Not replying to email!

:dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back