Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Returning to the Porsche Fold

2ndyouth

Good day one and all.

The good lady wife and myself have just returned to the Porsche fold after an absence of nearly two years. We had a 987.2 (2.9) for four years that we sold in 2013 in favour of a new V8 Vantage. The Aston turned out to be a disappointment and so the good Mrs 2ndyouth trotted down to the local Porsche shop and negotiated a deal on a new 911, (she's German and always wanted one).

We took delivery of the Black Edition C4 Cabrio six weeks ago and have been enjoying it ever since. It has a few bits and bobs on it that we might not have ordered had it not been "in stock" and available immediately. In addition to the Black Edition toys, it has:

Jet Black Metallic Paint
Coloured wheel centres
Electrically Folding Exterior Mirrors
PDK
Sport Chrono
PSE
Steering Wheel Heating
Multi Function Steering Wheel
Light Design Package
Sport Seats Plus
Online Services

I'll post a picture once I work out how. In the meantime, I look forward to sharing experiences and learning from the collective wisdom.

:useless:

but.... Congrats and enjoy. Sounds amazing.

Tried repeatedly to "add an attachment" using the facility below but my ipad thinks about it, tries then I'm left with a blank screen. What's the attachment size limit?

What you'll have to do is upload your photos to something like photo bucket. Then you copy and paste the links.

Look forward to seeing it 👍👍

Saw a 991 Black Edition Cab on the road on Friday and really like it. Today is a great day to enjoy a cab as I've also just seen a white 991 Turbo S Cab and I love 991s now! I'm toying with blowing the budget, looking at 997.2 currently, and getting a 991 Black Edition coupe as not much spec needs to be added. What sort of deal can be done on a new Black Edition given the impending 991.2? Thanks.

It's only done about a thousand miles since we picked it up but that will change next week. I'm driving up to Scotland and will pick the Mrs up from GLA, then a couple of days of growing foot blisters on the west coast hills, a wedding in Aberdeen on Sunday, then she catches the "0darkhundred" flight back down for work on Monday morning and I drive home.

How do I get the picture to appear in the post directly?

When you've got your picture up on the photobucket page there's a box marked 'IMG' on the right hand side of the page. Left Click on this and it 'copies'. Come back on here and right click to 'paste'.

Doesn't seem to work with the "copy and paste" facility on the iPad. I'll have to try from my MacBook.

2ndyouth said:
Doesn't seem to work with the "copy and paste" facility on the iPad. I'll have to try from my MacBook.

:dont know: then sorry. It works ok on my desktop PC. :oops:

Should work on iPad, just go to the tab with the chain symbol. 👍

Looks lovely. The wheels look great. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back