Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Is it possible to retrofit a rear wiper on a 991?

Vortex

My current 997 has a rear wiper fitted and while I am looking around for a 991 I was wondering if it is possible to retrofit a rear wiper if I buy a used vehicle without this option and after trying the RainX option find I want a rear wiper. Strangely the rear wiper was an option I was actively looking not to have when buying my current 997 and I don't actually use the wiper that often.

I know some people say it's a 'must have' item on the options.

All wiring looms on the 991 are built specifically for each car and its option list. If it was not ordered when the car was built the wires will not be there, sorry.

I have bought a 997 gen2 that had a rear wiper fitted by Porsche hat field when the car was pre registered
New rear screen
Rear paercel shelf
Wiper motor assembly
New column stalks

The owner thought it cost the dealership £1300
I suspect nearer £2300

I do have a lovely 991 C2S
Lovely spec and a rear wiper
http://www.stirlings.co.uk/detail.php?id=110

Rear wiper a must have option like ruched leather is a must have option these days. I'm down with the kids, I know what's on scene

8)

You neither want or need a rear wiper. Unless she is really fit and has small, delicate hands :thumb:

Whereas some drivers don't want a rear wiper, spoils the looks and never really needed it mine

I've come to the conclusion I don't really need a rear wiper, over the last month or so I've been out in the rain in my 997 and specifically didn't use the rear wiper to see if I really needed it and the reality is It isn't a must have for me.

I'm now indifferent about the rear wiper and if I end up going the new factory order route I'm almost certainly going to go without to keep the clean lines of the rear.

Thanks for everyone's input.

I've just removed my rear wiper from my 997. I hated the way it spoiled the clean lines of the car. It was pretty useless as well. Didn't have any water to squirt, just wiped.

Just use windex regularly and it will stay clear.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back