Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can somebody please talk me out of buying a Cayenne Turbo S

kurlykris

Having been toying with the idea of buying a cheapish £5-6K Merc ML 4x4 for general large load carrying duties, you know, the new washing machine pickup, trips to the landfill site and whatnot, also winter conditions for being able to get out for work.

The Meriden Meet last week has thrown a spanner in the works as both Waz and PeterS turned up in these Porsche Cayenne Turbo thingies, and me likey :)

Man logic has taken over and I`m trying to talk myself out of buying one :sad:

My daily driver always has a bootfull of tools and equiptment and is a pain in the butt to empty for a run to the tip, not enough room for large item pickups, the Boxster is, well, a Boxster, with enough room for a manbag and my scissors according to PeterS.

Please talk me out of a Porsche with 500 BHP and a massive load carrying capacity, I beg you :eh!:

Buy a Range Rover instead, you get to spend much more time fixing it. Isn't that part of the fun?

MC

MisterCorn said:
Buy a Range Rover instead, you get to spend much more time fixing it. Isn't that part of the fun?

MC

I spent a couple of years working at Lode Lane in the 90`s ( installing machinery )..............Wouldn`t touch one with big stick with a condom on :hand:

Re: Can somebody please talk me out of buying a Cayenne Turb

kurlykris said:
Having been toying with the idea of buying a cheapish £5-6K Merc ML 4x4 for general large load carrying duties, you know, the new washing machine pickup, trips to the landfill site and whatnot, also winter conditions for being able to get out for work.

The Meriden Meet last week has thrown a spanner in the works as both Waz and PeterS turned up in these Porsche Cayenne Turbo thingies, and me likey :)

Man logic has taken over and I`m trying to talk myself out of buying one :sad:

My daily driver always has a bootfull of tools and equiptment and is a pain in the butt to empty for a run to the tip, not enough room for large item pickups, the Boxster is, well, a Boxster, with enough room for a manbag and my scissors according to PeterS.

Please talk me out of a Porsche with 500 BHP and a massive load carrying capacity, I beg you :eh!:

They are crap

Ps I have no idea but thought that's what you want to hear, get a tow hook on the Boxster and a trailer :thumb:

Re: Can somebody please talk me out of buying a Cayenne Turb

jonttt said:
They are crap

Ps I have no idea but thought that's what you want to hear, get a tow hook on the Boxster and a trailer :thumb:

Lol, this isn`t doing the trick guys :dont know:

Please, somebody tell me that a 500HP 4x4 on the drive with hoots of fun for £10K is a really bad idea :?:

You could always get a new Datsun quashquiiiieaghie .........

Ok get the 500hp porsche .......

On a slightly serious note, I never ran a Kn ( I'm sure I've spelt that wrong ) :dont know: but I have ran / am currently running a supercharged V8 RR. Great engine but I have no idea what you can pick them up for :dont know:

15/20 mpg??
AROUND £500 A YEAR TAX
big, ugly???
need i go on?? :whiteflag: in anticipation of the defense barrage :lol:

Just watch me at the petrol pump.

That should suffice for any sane chap.

Come and have a drive in mine if you like.

Just got the windows tinted yesterday, Towbar going on tomorrow, (detachable) as you never know when you'll need one.

I've already used it to pull the tractor out of the grass pile!

Mate of mine had one for a while as a loaner from a friend whilst she worked abroad. They are brilliant. Everything about them is epic, including sadly, the things you don't want to be epic like fuel consumption, parts prices etc!

It's a lot of car for £10k though!

HTH :thumb:

Can I mention the, "will you drive it off-road" question? :?:

I think I'm going to call mine 'Monkey'

Road tax £500

Insurance £500

Tinting and Towbar £500

Fuel this week £500

I've only had it a week!

PeterS said:
I think I'm going to call mine 'Monkey'

Road tax £500

Insurance £500

Tinting and Towbar £500

Fuel this week £500

I've only had it a week!

It's about time we saw some pics then Pete. :thumb:

My v8 cayenne was a hoot to drive, for a 2 tonne beast it handled relatively speaking . Good noise. Consequently ate a set of tyres every year, drank petrol. Mine was new , so had an opc warranty (mine had a major gearbox repair )

My current supercharged Range Rover vogue is a better car in every way though . Different sort of car , super luxury rather than "sporty". Touch wood, no issues in 30 months

A Cayenne Turbo would be hilarious , but I can imagine 10-12mpg, and wouldn't fancy a "cheap" one without a warranty
:?:

Talk you out of it ?
Relatively rare turbo S variants can only appreciate from 10k IMO
Mines 600 bhp and murderes my c4s In straight line,
Fuel, depends on how you drive it, I saw 30 mpg once down hill at 53, with the wind behind me, 😜
It's big enough to sleep in, if your tent gets washed away, at Le Mans 😂
The crap you can get in it on the tip run is impressive 😃
The wife will drive it, unlike the 911

On the flip side
It's a bit of a marmite car,
£500 pa tax, yesterday it blew a coolant hose, £30 😢 no drama except the six hours stripping the engine just to get to it 😭

Having just been hit with the prospect of a huge bill just to get a 2003 Audi A8 through the MOT I'd now think long and hard about buying any top end but now depreciated German complex luxo barge/4x4.

The ABS ECU for an Audi A8 is £2,200 fitted. Whilst it is worth £3k, the parts are still for a £60k+ car new.

There is a reason why such cars are worth 3/8ths of F-all as they get long in the tooth.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back