Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Evening all. Possible dumbass first time 911 buyer question

Raffles

I've got an option on a new C4S and a new 911 Turbo. The deal that has been offered on the Turbo means paying about £150 a month more for it than I would be C4S if I was to trade it in in about 2 years... Am I mad to be even asking the question?
I've driven both, the Turbo was stunning but I need to be able to drive around the city in it and pick a kid up from nursery etc probably more than I will likely get to put it through it's paces. Looks wise I think I might prefer the classic C4S but it's marginal.
Could I ask for learned chap's opinion? :thumbs:

Both cars will do the boring things equally well.

Ask yourself ....... Is the extra £150 a month worth it to me to experience the extra thrill of the Turbo [x] times a month ?

Don't forget to factor in the additional running costs of the Turbo as well.

ps. :welcome: to 911uk

I also prefer the lines on the C4s -without the turbo spoiler -the turbo is obviously an awesome machine but you are unlikely to use the full power very often.....I'd go for a C4s personally- or a GTS if you can get a suitable deal.

One thing to consider is that this may be the last chance to get a brand new normally aspirated 911.

It seems they will all be turbo in the future (obviously varying outputs)

Thanks guys.

I was really hoping you'd all say PICK THE XXXX EVERYTIME! To put me out of my (relative) misery.

Thanks for the replies though, and thanks for the welcome to the forum :thumb:

rpm said:
One thing to consider is that this may be the last chance to get a brand new normally aspirated 911.

It seems they will all be turbo in the future (obviously varying outputs)

I hope the GT3's remain normally aspirated.

To further complicate matters I've also been told a few times I'm mad not to consider a GTS.
I have a bit of blind spot with Alcantara though and it's everywhere in the GTS.

Raffles said:
To further complicate matters I've also been told a few times I'm mad not to consider a GTS.

If you're throwing the GTS into the equation all I can say is, that after having a 996T and now a 997T, I'm far more likely to go for a 991GTS over a 991T.

Decisions, decisions.

T8 said:
Raffles said:

If you're throwing the GTS into the equation all I can say is, that after having a 996T and now a 997T, I'm far more likely to go for a 991GTS over a 991T.

Decisions, decisions.

I keep hearing this about the GTS, that pound for pound it's the best variant.

The 991 GTS handles crisper and sharper than a C4s, an all leather interior feels sterile after the alcantara found in a GTS, + fantastic exhaust note compared to a turbo....whats not to like? er.....other than the OPC prices.....

Easiest conundrum on the forum today - 991 GTS!

Thanks that's more like it haha

Might have to get over my Alcantara thing at this rate

Raffles said:
Might have to get over my Alcantara thing at this rate
You don't have to go for the GTS Alcantara package, especially as it is £2,298 option:

GQ - Black Alcantara Package GTS Carmine Red in conjunction with GTS interior package - £2,298.00

Problem (not a problem) eventually solved by the dealer making me an offer I couldn't refuse on the Turbo and threw in gap Insurance, wheel and tyre cover and servicing. Pick it up start of September. Can. Not. Wait.

Do any of you guys keep an additional "runaround" type daily car or do you primarily use the Porsche for every day driving? I know that's the beauty of a Porsche but don't want to clock the miles up unecessarily.

Buy a turbo if you can afford £150/- more a month

It is an everyday car, just saying from my experience. :D it was not a 991 though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a1jgh
Back