Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 road trip to the Porsche Museum and Dinslaken show

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohitos

I suggested this some time ago but due to life getting in the way, did nothing about it.

Could people please list their names if interested in a roadtrip?

Proposed dates (open to discussion and subject to change) would be departing on April (28th or 29th) and coming back on 2nd May (bank holiday) or perhaps the following day. I'm guessing it's a 4 night trip.

If there's decent interest I can speak to a guy who arranged some TVR trips I took part in - great organisation and at a reasonable price.

So I'll start....

1. mohitos

NOTE FROM 911uk.com.

This tour is now fully subscribed with 22 cars (including 18 x 993s) taking part although names can be added to the reserve list.

On the way back the group will be visiting the Porschefreund show at Dinslaken and joining other 911uk forum members to make a 30+ car convoy.

An alternative tour itinerary (not visiting the museum) has been arranged for those that would like to be part of an organised visit to this event.

Details can be found here:
=> Ardennes, Eifel Forest and Dinslaken show tour

If you can trailer the 993 there I'm up for this :thumb:

1. mohitos
2. Jonttt

jonttt said:
If you can trailer the 993 there I'm up for this :thumb:

1. mohitos
2. Jonttt
3. GT4 (possibly in a mobile garage if the 993 and I go separate ways after our dirty weekend away)

highway said:
What will we do if it rains?

:eek:

Can I have a covered trailer. Anyone got a tow hook on the back of their 993 :?:

I've just checked, and a single vehicle CarCoon squashes down to 95L in its fully deflated state (AKA frunk).

Using a 12v blower, it can be up in 120 secs or less.

Surely an upto date, localised two minute warning (at the very least) of precipitation is possible in this day and age?

Perhaps we could get a group buy discount?

highway said:
What will we do if it rains?

Let's call the whole thing off?

count me in, I am happy to come down from the frozen North and not scared of the rain, we see littel else up here, till the snow starts.

Did 1100 miles last weekend to silverstone most of which were in the rain but still great fun.

1. mohitos
2. Jonttt
3. GT4
4. Trantorman

T8 - this is for 2016. Are you in?
Highway??

:hand: I can't see this being 'a mile with every smile'. It will be more like 'crimping a length with every tenth' as that odometer moves round given the nervousness over mileage :floor:

But Mohitos has thrown the gauntlet as the 'newly liberated man' so what you waiting for? I'd come myself as the pace car and to clear the roads of all those dead flies for you but clearly 964 mile eaters are excluded :oops:

1. mohitos
2. Jonttt
3. GT4
4. Trantorman
5. Harryk

Going to throw in a little curve ball: the Techno Classica show in Essen from the 6-10th April. This looks like an awesome show! Not wanting to ruffle feathers but thought it was worth mentioning. Perhaps worth consideration as a backup plan? Would be a good way to break up the trip to Stuttgart...

Haha! 😂

my steed is finally sporting a full complement of spoilers and splitters, thanks for the offer though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back