Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TPMS replacement on my GT3.. advice please.

There's lots of threads on here about TPMS Ady. I've had cause to use mine a lot lately (slow puncture !!!!) so was reading up about them myself.

These ones are a lot cheaper than OEM ones but obviously fitting them would invalidate an OPC warranty so they'd be out for me.

Regarding 'coding them out' I may be wrong but I think if they are fitted it's an MOT requirement that they have to work.

I had them on my Turbo and due to frequent probs, got so fed up, took Paul at Northway's advice and had them coded out. More aggro than they are worth was the general consensus. Have to say, 1 year later, really pleased I did and NO, it is not an MOT requirement, thus mine sailed thru' with said deleted sensors. Nice saving in unsprung weight also
T8 said:
There's lots of threads on here about TPMS Ady. I've had cause to use mine a lot lately (slow puncture !!!!) so was reading up about them myself.

These ones are a lot cheaper than OEM ones but obviously fitting them would invalidate an OPC warranty so they'd be out for me.

Regarding 'coding them out' I may be wrong but I think if they are fitted it's an MOT requirement that they have to work.
:thumb:

"As of 1 January 2015, a car displaying a TPMS fault when submitted for its MOT will result in a test failure."
This is the reason why. When decoded the TPMS does not come up with a fault, it is completely clear, thus the non failure :thumb:
- See more at: http://www.tyresafe.org/media-centre/latest-news/731-new-legislation-causing-uninformed-motorists-to-fail-mot#sthash.2xZrpVRQ.dpufquote="Chris_in_the_UK"]According to this website, removal of the sensors is an MOT failure?:-

http://www.tyresafe.org/media-centr...tion-causing-uninformed-motorists-to-fail-mot[/quote]

Lawsy911 said:
I had them on my Turbo and due to frequent probs, got so fed up, took Paul at Northway's advice and had them coded out. More aggro than they are worth was the general consensus. Have to say, 1 year later, really pleased I did and NO, it is not an MOT requirement, thus mine sailed thru' with said deleted sensors. Nice saving in unsprung weight also

:yeah:

Just before collecting my car it just had a new sensor fitted. I was also told they are a right pain to live with. After reading threads on this site and some other forums about issues people have with them I also had them coded out.

Mine have been fine - all replaced when an error started last year (due to low battery voltage in 2 of the sensors) and have been 100% no problem since. :dont know:

Thank's for the feedback guy's but with the even split in opinion I am not much nearer to making a decision. :lol:

I used these guys to supply for a spare set of wheels. No drama amd half the price of UK at the time. Turned up in less than a week.

http://www.tpmsdirect.com

Never had any problems with mine tbh. Actually a very useful toy to have.

:dont know:

Mine is personal experience not 'what I have been told'.

It is daft to change one sensor - if there are problems due to low battery issues then they are all in the same situation, in fact changing one just complicates the issue!!.

Average life is 5-6 years and it should be considered a service item TBH.

I am not averse to spending money. :lol: and also if I do change I would only consider changing all four.It's just a matter of whether I think it's worthwhile.I check the pressures manually before any journey and the thought of losing some mass in that area need's some consideration.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back