Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Talbot Sunbeam Lotus for sale

ChrisT70

ChrisT70 said:
The first proper rwd hot hatch :)

The only proper RWD hatch! :)

Very nice.......good luck with the sale.

ChrisT70 said:
I have a concours show winning Sunbeam Lotus for sale. Subject to a 7yr restoration including full bare metal ground up bodywork, rebuilt engine , box, diff etc etc.
Link to my PH advert
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/talbot/all-models/talbot-sunbeam-lotus-1983/4339646

Its unlikely you would find car for sale in this condition at present.
150bhp and 800kg or so and its still very lively even to this day. The first proper rwd hot hatch :)

Beautiful car! I tuned one many years ago for Mike Lancaster, who now owns Advanced Engine Research (AER). We spent a few hours sliding the thing around the Essex back-roads back in 1986!!

Surely that car is worth more than that, what with the crazy classic markets the way they are?

We think they are worth the same as other significant rally inspired cars of the era but the market never has until recently. A couple have gone for circa 25k recently as standard immaculate restored cars. Mine is heavily modified but its all in period and hopefully someone will take it and look after it. Its a hoot although noisy and hot lol
3rd and 4th gear above 4k revs it really romps on.

I had one in 1984 great fun you could not hear the radio over the induction noise ,strangely faster in fourth than fifth according to Autocar road test 121mph fourth 120mph mph fifth never forget the last proper drive 5am flat up the A3 my ears still ringing now

alex yates said:
ChrisT70 said:

Debatable.

- Chevette HS / HSR
- Breadvan (Z3M Coupe)
- Renault 5 Turbo
- Clio V6
- 205 T16

The mid engined ones could be argued out on the basis on the sacrifice of the actual boot space behind the hatch and the breadvan for its lack of rear seats, but the Chevette HSR was a proper one (if somewhat less known).

Disco said:
alex yates said:
ChrisT70 said:

Debatable.

- Chevette HS / HSR
- Breadvan (Z3M Coupe)
- Renault 5 Turbo
- Clio V6
- 205 T16

The mid engined ones could be argued out on the basis on the sacrifice of the actual boot space behind the hatch and the breadvan for its lack of rear seats, but the Chevette HSR was a proper one (if somewhat less known).

History lies with the Sunbeam Lotus though as a World Rallying champion
HSR chevette was actually on my shopping list at one point. The SL certainly was the first rwd rally champion hot hatch way before anyone thought of any of the later cars.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back