Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Re-bushing query

Lungauer

Hi all,

Finally, after its re-spray and whatnot, my car's going to Centre Gravity on 22nd for fitting of Bilstein B16s, Fuchs, spacers and, at Chris's recommendation, Superpro (rather than Powerflex) bushes. Since the car is 24 years old I asked them to do the rear swing arms too, but got the following message by email:

"Chris has no experience with changing this particular bush on the car. It's an unknown I'm afraid on how good the solution is. He's saying it's unusual for the rear bushes to need changing as they normally wear really well on the trailing arm bushes. He does agree they have been on the car for nigh on 20 years, so if this is something you want to go ahead with we can do it for you."

They are saying they can fit Superflex on the rear, but then I'm mixing makes front to back, together with now wondering whether I need to do the rear at all.

Anyone care to share an opinion?

Thanks

No help maybe, I fitted Powerflex on mine no problems been two years now.

not that this will help much but I spoke to tech9 about fitting the new 964 ohlins kit and they were not keen on superpro - recommended elephant racing, when you look at the cost though I can see why. the kit does look better made, whether anyone short of senna would notice the difference in driving i do not know.

Chris put super pro on my 993 and I have been very happy with them they are plenty good enough for my driving talents and a vast improvement on 20 year old ones.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back