Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sick of rusty wheel bolts, design tek?

S A Watt

Monza
Hi guys

I like lots of you am a bit sick of the rubbish wheel bolts Porsche supply with the cars.

I know we can take them off and spray them but really it's just a short term fix. Six months later and we are back to rubbish bolts :?

I've been having a look round for other options and see we have design tek ones. They are expensive but design 911 say then are great and will keep in nice condition.

Does anyone have any experience of these?

I can buy cheap ones on eBay for probably 45 quid but I'm not sure on the quality and certainly don't want to put something on which is rubbishand could see a wheel fall off. Again what the experience.

I Do like the Porsche wheel lock bolts as they look strong so was not going to change these. Just paint them as and when required. Do we know who makes the locking wheel nuts for Porsche. I'm sure I can leave these and just fit other bolts. I can't see an issue with this

Any advices appreciated
:thumb:

Why not just buy some cheap plastic ( get ABS for temp. resistance ) caps from Amazon, clean up the bolts, put some rust preventative on them and then cover them up?
I did this on my C2 and the caps also fitted the locking bolt perfectly. Range of finishes seems to be available but I went for low maintenance black. Cost about £9 for a set incl removal tool.
Regards
Ian

A quicker, albeit temporary, fix that is a little easier is to take any bottle, or a plant mister/sprayer is even better. Cut the bottom off and cut the top off where it will be just wide enough to fit over the wheel nuts whilst in situ. You stick the thin end over the wheel nut, leaving the wide end for you to give a squirt of your favourite silver paint. Takes a couple of seconds on each nut.

M

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back