Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 964 owner and stupid questions

bruciebonuz

Hi all,

I recently bought a 1990 RHD manual C2 cabriolet. Very happy with it. I bought a very nice genuine Porsche 3 spoke steering wheel to replace the Momo one that was on it:

https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=127304

Problems:

(a) it seems to cause the horn to be on constantly!!....something to do with the contact ring but I cant quite figure this out.....

(b) the indicator cancelling tab is on the wrong side with seemingly no way of swapping it round because of a locator hole for the horn wire meaning that there is only one position it can be in.....do they make these things "handed"???

Has anyone bought one of these and successfully fitted it? I am at a bit of a loss given there is nothing to suggest on any ads that it shouldnt just fit without any tinkering.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jonathan

Should be a direct fit with no problems Jonathan.

It may be that the previous owner of your car modified the horn ring or bent the horn contact forward to fit another make.

Was the standard Porsche steering wheel on the car or a MOMO one?

Chris

Agree should be a direct fit. Have you still got the tiny thin see through plastic disc / ring that stops the contacts touching when horn is not pressed? I recall when I took my horn apart there was this tiny thin plastic thingy that could easily get lost or not noticed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back