Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stone chipped alloy - clear nail varnish?

GP41

Nurburgring
I've got my first small stone chip on my new wheels. It's not big - probably down to the short-sighted, cheapskate tar and chipping brigade that are out and about at this time of year :frustrated:

I'm bothered about it spreading. Is it worth considering dabbing clear nail varnish on it? Would that stand up to regular cleaning. Any other tips?

Use the clear coat that comes with your Porsche body colour touch up paint. :thumb:

Thanks. Sounds like a good tip.

Daft question but when you say "comes with your body colour touch up" I assume I have to buy that - you're not saying there should be some tucked away with the toolkit, just that the clear coat comes with the touch up pack??? I certainly haven't seen any in the car...

GP41 said:
Thanks. Sounds like a good tip.

Daft question but when you say "comes with your body colour touch up" I assume I have to buy that - you're not saying there should be some tucked away with the toolkit, just that the clear coat comes with the touch up pack??? I certainly haven't seen any in the car...

Yes will have to purchase a touch up but not a lot from memory and handy for those inevitable bonnet/bumper stone chips.
You get a body colour base and clear lacquer.

Or better still use the silver wheel touchy up paint and do it properly the kits are only about £10 in halfrauds

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back