Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cost per mile @ 10k & 15 months ownership.

Alex

Nordschleife
Got my invoice last night from my service back in April so Just updating my records. Turns out I've just passed the 10k mark too so just crunched my numbers to see how much it was costing me.
Works out at 39p per mile (bit less really as I've added a full 12 month Insurance policy in there and only used 3 months of it).
Don't think it's working out too bad to say I've paid for:
2 years Insurance
2 services
4 new tyres
Hardtop
Manifolds & bolts replaced
Cruise retro-fitted
Rebuilt diff. unit after catastrophic failure
rear brake lines replaced
2 MOTs
Aircon refurb
Offside Rad replaced
+ many more smaller jobs

Not factored in any depreciation/appreciation cost so figure could be different.

:)

10k%20cost%20of%20ownership_zpsxbyc8kv4.jpg

Nice one Alex :thumb:

I can't see that the car has changed much in value so your 39ppm is probably spot-on.

It would have been a bit different if you had spannerphobia like me. :grin:

Big Time!

Fortunately I have a very good trusted mechanic too for the hard jobs that don't cost the earth.

Cheers Terry :thumb:

I have a fairly similar spreadsheet :D

However I intentionally bought a car that needed some work (suspension and aircon that I knew about) allowing for that.

Just shows that these cars aren't expensive if you can do the work yourself - only a little more expensive on parts than a typical VAG hatchback at similar mileage / age.

Its the labour rates that pushes them out of reach for the average buyer. In fact standard labour rates would mean that that similar age / mileage hatchback would be getting scrapped!

I don't won't to work mine out! I've spent around £12k on it in the last year :sad:

Recon it would be £75 per mile.

My 4 year anniversary is coming up next month so I've just been having a browse of my spreadsheet making sure it's all up to date. Had a quick check on the running cost and including ALL maintenance, MOTs, tyres & Insurance (so everything bar petrol and tax) it's cost me 20p per mile. If we factor into that the possibility the car has inflated in the region of £2.5k (guesstimate), then that would reduce my cost per mile down to 14p!

Bet there's not many motors on the road that can do that for you and at the same time reward you with such a fantastic drive. :thumb:

To say I'm still well over the moon with my PORSCHE experience is a dramatic understatement.......with the enjoyment and knowledge gained from this ace website and the members on it too, what more can I say?

Motoring at its finest!!

Think I'll bob out and celebrate with a couple of scoops :viking:

Does that include Petrol Alex?

Mine costs about 20p per mile for fuel and so far has cost about 45p per mile for everything else but that's only over about 10k miles in 18 months.

maldren said:
Does that include Petrol Alex?

Mine costs about 20p per mile for fuel and so far has cost about 45p per mile for everything else but that's only over about 10k miles in 18 months.

No (on behalf of AY) :thumb:

alex yates said:
Had a quick check on the running cost and including ALL maintenance, MOTs, tyres & Insurance (so everything bar petrol and tax) it's cost me 20p per mile.

Not bad going - as a comparison, I had a new 5 in 2013 for 2.5 years and worked out that cost me circa £1 per mile over 23k miles, most of which was depreciation alone!

I very nearly bought a 2006 997 C2S Aerokit car from 911V which was circa £27k. Probably worth the same or close today so maybe not my best 'investment'.

Sorry, didn't read the 2nd post carefully enough.........

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back