Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Windscreen in preparation for Sale

master964

Hi

Been putting it off for some time but need to replace my windscreen as will be selling the 911 this summer.

Classic line's approved supplier by my underwriter Equity Red Star is National Windscreens.

Are they Good, Bad or Ugly and do they replace the rubbers??

My worry is the cable for the radio that needs to be reconnected through one of the dials...hope they send an experienced person...

Have you prepared yourself for any corrosion in the aperture :what: I'd photo it when the glass is out if everything is OK to reassure a potential buyer.

Not sure where you are but Glassman is the expert. Having said that the chap from Auto Glass did my Audi a few months back and watching and talking with him for a few hours he'd done several Porsche and well experienced in the skill so much so I'd trust him to do mine when it needs it.

master964 said:
Hi

Classic line's approved supplier by my underwriter Equity Red Star is National Windscreens.

Deal with Classic Line all the time; not just for Porsche.

Let me know if I can assist in any way.

I didn't know that you're on here too, Glassman.

Chaps, I recommend Glassman to you all. He's a top bloke. He did a terrific job with the screen of my Hawk Stratos replica.

Only downside is he's a Gooner. :)

master964 said:
Hi

Been putting it off for some time but need to replace my windscreen as will be selling the 911 this summer.

Are they Good, Bad or Ugly and do they replace the rubbers??

My worry is the cable for the radio that needs to be reconnected through one of the dials...hope they send an experienced person...

PM sent

So eventually got the windscreen replaced by National Windscreen...overall experience besides making me come to their depot, OK i guess poor waiting room no drinks.

They however had 4 guys working on it first thing in the morning so can't say it was neglected.

In all they turned they round in an hour confirmed in the receipt that there was no corrosion under the rubbers and off I was.

I did check with my Insurance and they said now that its booked and the windscreen was on order then its a bit too late to change your mind. Maybe next time Glassman!

So not bad for £75 but a little bird told me that it only cost around £200 for the screen so no doubt hearing it cost circa £1000 these big boys must be working the percentages.

Looks like I am going to open a can of worms pretty soon....

Its Friday then again....!!!

Having issues pm'ing you back. :nooo: Although you have my email now. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back