Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

my lapis 996 turbo

Hi

That doesn't look like Lapis blue?

But very nice...

Colour

Hhhmmmm I thought it looked more like mine in Midnight blue?

:?:

Those split rims look awful and cheap. Go back to turbo twists or RS splits at least. That is midnight blue surely?

To be sure of colour, check the sticker underneath the bonnet (same one is also in the service book).
Lapis Blue code is LA038.

Sorry, should read L3A8. On Rennlist it also says another code for Lapis Blue - A9. The difference it cites is one is water-based the other is not. I'm not sure if those codes apply to C16 (UK) cars.

Yes you are all correct.it is l39c so midnight blue.i had the bumper and bonnet repainted and the tin says lapis.look!!before people get on the hate train i have worked hard throughout my life.done the kids and uni stuff .now its a little bit of my time.so before making judgement on my pride and joy please have a little respect.

Calm down...

Agree on the wheels though, also the headlamp covers and illegal plates. Other than that, it is a lovely car.

rsdub said:
Illegal plates??

The logo to the left of your registration number is not within DVLA rules.

Personally I'd be more concerned about the fake 'S' :D

its a lovely car and colour. just really do not like the wheels. there are not many wheels that are non OEM that look good on a Porsche unless maybe the BBS split rims like the E88s. just what I like I suppose. good luck with it all.

I do have a set of 88s but,not in the turbo size as i need some 4.5 or 5.5s for the rears.i also have a set of very rare bbs rs which will not clear the gt3rs calipers on the car.we tried all 3 sets on the car at our garage and we all agreed the eta beta splits looked the best.the 88s with the gold centres just didnt look right.maybe colour code or chrome powder coat might change our minds

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back