Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 TURBO: depreciation or good buy?

arnaud

Hello all,

A current 997.1 Turbo with less than 30k miles is currently priced at £45-50k (from dealers).
Do you think the prices could depreciate further?
What will be the value of those cars in 2 years time?

Arnaud

Calling T8......

~ Maxie

arnaud said:
Hello all,

A current 997.1 Turbo with less than 30k miles is currently priced at £45-50k (from dealers).

Arnaud

Impossible to say. There are a lot around, but many tiptronic. I think the manual cars will probably be worth more than the autos for a couple of reasons. First is the tiptronic box is not the great box like the PDK. Second, because Porsche no longer makes a manual Turbo, people who insist on one will need to buy an older model.

Prices may drop further but then Gould increase similar to what is happening with the 996 Turbo. Prices haven't dropped for the 997 that much in the last two years mind as the current prices are about the same as they were when I was looking over two years ago.

arnaud said:
Hello all,

Arnaud

:dont know:

But I do know that all 997.1 Turbos were cheaper a few months ago than they are now. :clap:

arnaud said:
Prices may drop further but then Gould increase similar to what is happening with the 996 Turbo. Prices haven't dropped for the 997 that much in the last two years mind as the current prices are about the same as they were when I was looking over two years ago.

that's right, or if anything prices have increased slightly (for low mileage cars)

a nice 996 Turbo is almost the same price than the 997... that doesn't feel right. I know some people will argue about 996 Vs 997.

arnaud said:
But I do know that all 997.1 Turbos were cheaper a few months ago than they are now. :clap:

that's what I noticed too!

arnaud said:
arnaud said:

that's right, or if anything prices have increased slightly (for low mileage cars)

a nice 996 Turbo is almost the same price than the 997... that doesn't feel right. I know some people will argue about 996 Vs 997.

Well the 993 Turbo prices are crazy and they are even older. There's no correlation between age and price. But I now it seems weird that the 996 might appear to be worth almost as much as a 997. Although what I see is some extremely low mileage 996 Turbos for sale at high prices, don't know if they are selling?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back