Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mille Miglia 2015

newby911

I've always been a bit of a classic car nut, so I booked a holiday in Rome to coincide with the arrival of the cars at the Vatican, if anyone's interested I will try to put some pictures up, if I get any decent ones! They start arriving from 8.45pm tomorrow night. Reports so far that 100 ferrari's will be ahead of the 450 classic cars, if anyone else is following this race I would love to see pictures of the other stages. Here's to a great night. 🍕☕️🍧 oh and cars, n more cars. 😍

I'm interested :grin:

Sounds fantastic!

Enjoy,
Paul

Me too - very interested :thumb:

OP, please, and pretty please, post up as much as you can.
I took the Mille Miglia route as a driving holiday a few years back in my first 911. An absolutely fabulous ten great days was spent driving from Brescia and back to Brescia via several of Italy's iconic towns, villages and cities. I have no problem admitting that it took me as many days as it did hours for the likes of Sir Stirling Moss and his peers.

Omg pzero
You drove through Rome!! There absolute nutters here, but wow would love to here more about your drive and where you stayed, we are thinking of driving around Italy later in the year but we only got our car last week so took the easy way and flew here.
Will do my best to get some good pics for me and you all! Although it will be 9 pm when they all start to arrive.

newby911 said:
Omg pzero
You drove through Rome!! There absolute nutters here, but wow would love to here more about your drive and where you stayed, we are thinking of driving around Italy later in the year but we only got our car last week so took the easy way and flew here.
Will do my best to get some good pics for me and you all! Although it will be 9 pm when they all start to arrive.

Starting out from Brescia (stayed at the Best Western, adequate enough) we drove to San Marino for a two night stay, called in to Ferrara and Ravenna on the way. San Marino to Rome via Perugia, stunning countryside. Three nights in the centre of Rome, left the car in an NCP type car park. Forget how much for parking fees but something like £50 - £70, relative peace of mind. Agreed condition of car with car park before handing keys over.
Rome to Florence for three nights, called in to Sienna en route then back to Brescia. The auto routes were good roads but most of the driving was on lesser roads which were not so good but it all adds to the touring experience. As for driving in Rome, yes, a busy place but no scrapes.

Touring in Europe is a must :thumb:

Wow! I'm back, what a great night, arrived at the Rome finish podium around 4.30 whilst they were still setting up, told to expect the start of the cars around 8.30, well Italians don't do time! So camera at the ready we managed to secure a good front row position around 8pm ready and waiting, at about 9pm the first cars started to arrive, around 50 modern Ferraris, then half an hour later quite a lot of modern Mercs, eventually the first classic arrived, followed by another and another, it's amazing how blaze' you get whilst surrounded by so many super cars, at first it's oh look a Bugatti, then after another four or five come in you find yourself sighing and looking for something else, maybe a 300sl or two? Or five or six!!
A smattering of Alpha Romeos and others I had no idea what they were, a few Fiat Topolino's and oh yes Blower Bentleys, of course I took lots of pictures of Porsche's, when I figure out how to get them on here!!!
The girly in me really wanted to see David Gandy, ahhhhh and James Martin in the Jags they were driving, but don't know what happened but we left around midnight after a long gap of nothing coming in, so didn't get to see them.
After I found out they came in around 3am, no ones worth waiting that long for.
One of the highlights of the night was seeing Sir Stirling Moss drive up, and on being asked what it was like after 60 years, he replied, " well I'm 60 years older!" I hope I'm as good at his age, if I get there.
Anyway, I'll now try to post some pictures for you all.
Bear with me they may be in dribs n drabs, but I'll get there.
Julie.

DSC_6842_zpspbh74xqx.jpg
[/URL][/img]
DSC_6843_zpsjvj5lgds.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]
DSC_6852_zps7z1ncby6.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]

Fantastic! Looks a very cool event.
Thanks for posting.

As promised a few more.
452e90c1-3bfc-4be7-9043-d01409e0259a_zpsn2jhtsyj.jpg
http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah227/FlowerLady15/mille%20miglia/3654C908-17AB-4705-98D8-2AC81AAA35E1_zps9tdyta18.jpg
DSC_6919_zps50vkozkl.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]
DSC_6914_zpsvn3lakt0.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]
DSC_6912_zpsrvdtj4m8.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]
fed up yet?
will post more if you want. :D [/img]

Fed up yet?
Not even close!

Those Mercs are timeless.

It sounds like you have had an absolute ball,. The bucket list is growing.

I cried when I saw the wing on the Mercedes numbered 332, it was the only one I saw damaged 😱
Will put a few more on later, some to test your knowledge on classics.

DSC_6854_zpszeufmelr.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]
80763803-6401-4769-AEC0-0A1A56B9CAD7_zpsrvexobpn.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]
DSC_6922_zpsmdxowvk9.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]
DSC_6918_zps2idi7pqx.jpg
[/URL]
[/img]