Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jet black- best wheel combo dilemma

Randyshooter

Hi, newbie here. Apologies if asked a million times but here goes!
Have just nailed down an ex demonstrator C4s 2015 in jet black. Very happy with the spec , just not sure on the wheels. I've this weekend to decide if I want, the 20" carrera s wheels high gloss- satin or platinum, each one looks sooo nice, but would appreciate any feedback.

mine are gloss but car is Basalt, not solid gloss.
plus Cayman and not 911 but still some idea:

I think the brakes look good with black too.

Attachments

• cayman5_6_324.jpg
    cayman5_6_324.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 12,159
Hmmm. They do look nice & certainly show the calipers off beautifully.
I'm just wondering if it's TOO much gloss? Wether the matte or the platinum give it a stealthier look???
Also, I'm thinking the platinum won't show the break dust & dirt as much?

I'd say gloss but with a lip!

My old 997
IMG_1727.jpg

Not sure. With my wheels in the previous photo I just asked for gloss black with lip.

the GT2 RS gloss black look good.

I only like the graphite on grey cars and i feel that matt or satin look kind of less solid than the car. I know it sounds dumb but can't explain.

Mine were never made as black wheels, I spoke with the previous owner and he had them done at Lepsons for about 450 quid, cheap Id say.
They do get dirty but dead easy to clean.

It's all personal choice.

I would go with Satin 8)

There will be a slight contrast from the body colour, would look better IMHO

Hmmm... I like gloss but now you mention satin, I like that too :grin:

sorry, too many glossy mags :oops:

My coats is already on it's OKAY

Appreciate all the feedback. I guess where I'm at is, my first choice of car was the agate grey with the platinum wheels. I can't find this colour/ spec and time is running out (Need something by the end of the month).
The best deal I can get with the spec I want on a C4s is a jet black. If I can't have a grey car, my next choice is ALL black. As much as I like the glossy wheels, I'm concerned they will look dirtier quicker than the satin. so I guess I'm leaning towards the satin wheels on that as I think the platinum is too much of a contrast...
Got to let them know my decision tomorrow, so maybe another sleepless night contemplating 😩😩

Satin black gets my vote :thumb:

Attachments

• porsche14feb15_zps891cd1d7_175.jpg
    porsche14feb15_zps891cd1d7_175.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 12,002
Satin black, that's what I'm talking about! :thumbs:
I think the satin has the edge, to me they seem a bit more unassuming... Are these retro fitted/painted? I'm still keen to have the coloured wheel centres...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back