Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Weird request (ACC related)

liammedler

Bit of an odd request but hopefully you lovely people could help.

I'm after the height the ACC radar is from the ground on the 991 - is anyone able to take a photo of theirs next to a tape measure? If not, would someone be so kind as to post a photo of a tape measure showing the height of where it would normally be?

Bit of a long shot but if you're next to your car with a tape measure knocking around then I will be forever grateful and you will inevitably be repaid in a boot full of karma :)

Thanks, Liam

Any particular reason? :?:

:welcome:

And welcome to the forum. As an ice breaker, if you'd like to introduce yourself that would be great . What car have you got/are after; stuff like that!

Sorry, I was in internet researching mode last night!

I've just sold my MX5 and am after a 991 as a new fun/track car. I have it under good authority that the ACC radar must sit at least 300mm from the ground and I was wondering if I were to modify the chassis/suspension how much play there is in it before the ACC radar stops working as effectively as it should.

Having looked online and seen a couple on the road it looks quite low as it is and I was wondering if someone could post a photo of a tape measure next to the ACC radar (or where it normally would go) so I can see how room for manoeuvre there is.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi,

You may be on to something! Could you possibly take a photo of a tape measure (or similar) from the ground to the ACC radar?

Thank you very much :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back