Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dead battery

9XXs

Yesterday my Cayman failed to start. The technician that came out to revive it confirmed that the battery was only giving out 161A rather than 380A with 12.13 volts.

Technician recommends replacing the Porsche battery with a Bosch. Is that what you guys/ladies recommend? Or do I have to do a like for like replacement?

My Cayman is a Gen II with has a warranty until Oct 2016 but the dealer tells me the warranty does not include the battery, which is fair enough.

Is the warranty with Porsche?

If it is then (unfortunately) you will have to replace with a Moll (Porsche) battery which are $hite. If not then Bosch or Varta are good choices.

Your new battery, horrendously expensive with the Porsche tax will only come with a two year warranty. (I wish I could find the puke icon). Speaking from experience last year with the 996 turbo.
I've just bought a Varta battery, for the 993, just shy of £70 delivered with a 5 year warranty. Very happy.

Exactly the same has just happened to me. You end up paying a Porsche warranty tax, to buy a labelled but inferior product that is not, itself, covered by the Porsche warranty.

Can anyone please explain why the steering alignment sensor would have to be reset after the batter was replaced?

Eurocarparts

5 year guarantee on a Bosch S5

Discount count XMAS25 for 25% off

£123 :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back