Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Corrosion on inside of wheels.

Johnd52

Hockenheim
My Cayman R has gloss black wheels, silver rims, with light grey inner surfaces. The outer faces are fine, but on the inside of the rims are some small patches of bubbling/corrosion that I want to repair.

I cannot find anyone in the teesside area who will refinish the back of the wheels only, in a light grey. They 'recommend' doing the whole wheel and/or a silver finish.

Any suggestions please, either for a refurb company, or where I can buy grey paint of a similar colour.

Basically correct - a wheel refurb is the lasting solution to corrosion. Try contacting Chris at Exel Wheels, though I'm not sure if he goes that far up North.

Alternatives may be local wheel refurb places.

When I was enquiring about this for corrosion on one wheel, the overwhelming advice I received from all those wheel refurb places I spoke to was to have all 4 refurbed. That's what I did and I chose Chris at Exel Wheels. He is excellent and gives first class service.

You can find his details in the Wheels section of this forum.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back