Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PDK concerns 2015 Panamera Turbo

PanameraAndy

Hi, I recently took delivery of my brand new Panamera Turbo with Sport Chrono package. The car is awesome no doubt about it but I have some concerns with the PDK box.

In comfort mode 2nd to 3rd seems to be a bit jerky unless you take your foot right of the gas. There is also a similar jerky change from 3rd to 4th but not a noticeable a 2nd to 3rd. The rest of the gearchanges are silky smooth even in Sport Mode.

I mentioned this to the dealership who said it was quite normal and they test drove it with one of their technicians who also concurred and told me it would 'settle down' after a few more miles. Its done 900 miles to date. I'd really appreciate your comments / thoughts guys.

Porsche dealers generally know their stuff, so I'd be inclined to wait a little while and see if it calms down. However if you are not convinced they are right about it then take it to another Official Porsche dealer and ask them the same question.

PDK should be smooth and instant it must be a software issue

ask them to let you drive another pdk panamera to see if there is any difference

My 18 month old panamera does not suffer from the issues you describe
If anything it is even smoother in normal as opposed to sport (or sport plus...but thats another matter - redline gear changes only !)
When it's stone cold, it holds the low gears longer and will use 1st occasionally.
But mostly 'comfort' starts are in 2nd gear and an ultra smooth transition into second.
This is irrespective of light, medium or heavy throttle application

Can we ask which dealer you got it from ?

The PDK 'learns' your driving habits, and doesn't always get it right... If it still does it ask the OPC to do an 'adaptation' which is where the memory in the PDK box is wiped. The gearchange will be a bit weird for a while, but may resolve your issue.

I thought the PDK was dogshit in the Macan Diesel.

The gearbox it too quick and too absolute in its change: it drops the clutch in the middle of the theoretical torque band but the turbo has yet to spool up, so it jerks.

A slush box would be better for this installation.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back