Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

R.I.P. my 170,000 mile daily driver!!!!

DerbyJim

Imola
R.I.P. X5 KYS.... You were good for nearly 170,000 and was still going strong 'til the end!

My friend borrowed it and hit standing water, aquaplaned right into the central reservation and spun facing the wrong way!

Think it held up pretty well considering! :thumb:

Just put four new tyres on it as well :sad:

Thinking BMW 330d / 335d m sport as a replacement, maybe another X5 or 4x4 but open to suggestions!!

Edit: One more showing the back axle bent out of shape:

Oh, in other news X5 KYS reg plate for sale. Shall I start the bidding at, say, an even 50k?!! :dont know:

ouch !

50k for the plate you say, is that in Zimbabwean Dollar's ?

£45k for any of the 911uk regulars, supplied with a free pack of yellow and black screws!

Apparently for those of a Danish origin, KYS means kiss. And here in the UK it acts as an elixir for the placeholder for an lifetime of Kinky Youthful Sex.

Bargain, I say.

doesn;t look bad enough for a write off

Mark

Back axle looks out... A lot!

Plus although it's OCD cleaned, serviced and maintained it's a 2005 plate so doubt the repairs will be worth it.

Not sure I'd want it back after that anyhow...?

Kimbo - cash preferred!

Anyone know for certain where I / we stand re: Insurance and my premium.

Friend is a named driver and has fully comp of her own. I have over 12 years no claims, protected.

I presume I claim off my own.

Will my premium go?

Will hers go up?

If I subsequently remove her off my Insurance (harsh I know, but I'm looking at getting a Caterham soon!), will that have any effect whatsoever or the insurers just read it as me having a claim??

Any tips on pricing the car - Autotrader?

I know I'm being presumptuous about it being a write off but the tow truck rep said straightaway that he thought it would be too.

Any advice much appreciated, with thanks.

You have to claim on your own.

Your friends comp cover on her own car only gives TO risks, and only if there is no other cover in force.

Both your's and her premiums will rise.

Yup with what Peter has said. She's need one helluva policy to cover her driving another vehicle fully comp.

Anyway the important thing is you've both walked away as you know :thumb:

Good luck arguing with them over the value of a 170k mile X5 :frustrated:

As for replacement what's wrong with that tidy C4S of yours...... :?: :wink:

Thanks both.

Completely agree about walking away. She has a mini and I said that I'd rather she smashed up the X5 anyday of the week than try the same thing in the mini.

It's what I thought then re: policies : premiums. Frustrating as I was had my heart struck on replacing the X5 with a 330d m sport. It's what I very nearly bought instead of the Porsche when I had my sensible head on.

The C4S is going very well and I'm driving it a lot more recently. Prob done 6-700 miles in the last couple of weeks and am wondering why I've gone from a Boxster as a daily driver for 3 years solid to an X5.

I either start using the C4S and put the miles on it / accept the depreciation in doing that or keep it for those special occasions. The latter was fine when the Insurance was only 670 for both cars!

Was looking at the 944 prices last night, they seem dirt cheap at the moment.... :?:

Ooo, hadn't come across that one yet, cheers Paul.

You coming along to the next meet? I should be okay for this next one then have the Monaco GP to look forward to!!!!!

DerbyJim said:
Ooo, hadn't come across that one yet, cheers Paul.

You coming along to the next meet? I should be okay for this next one then have the Monaco GP to look forward to!!!!!

Yup. Add your name to the list! Medicus is the leader on this one. May will be Leeds Castle andJube we're making a weekend if it and doing Lymington / Beaulieu :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back