Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cheap borescope inspection camera on Amazon £15.99 15m

Jibaro

Just seen a deal mentioned on HUKD, a 15m USB borescope endoscopy camera for £15.99 for sale on Amazon.
Not sure if it might help anyone, but maybe useful for curious 911uk members with holes they'd like to inspect
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QGPS6PY/

:D :grin:

Wow, that'll reach from my desk to the lady's toilets.

Bought :thumb:

Camera housing diameter 14.5mm, plug thread 14mm=fail.

Just sayin'.....

I use a "sea snake"
super piece of kit, and loads of attachments to fit depending on application.

DynoMike said:
Camera housing diameter 14.5mm, plug thread 14mm=fail.

Just sayin'.....

And if you could get it in there you would only see the piston crown.

There are better ones out there for not that much more money, I have a decent one but I've not used it yet so unsure of the picture quality, but at least it can see around corners.

I use this:

borescope.jpg

Not that high resolution (640*480), but good enough to find stuff (it has its own light on the end) and takes these sorts of images via M96 plug holes!

Attachments

• digi3538_240.jpg
    digi3538_240.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 11,365
  • digi3527_150.jpg
    digi3527_150.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 11,365
Not such a good resolution picture GT4, but enough to see that the engine wasn't used enough!!!

Take a look at the parallel lines that you can see about 45% of the way from the left in the first photo, these were left by the oil ring. You may think I'm mad, but when engines have any water inside them, either through head gasket failure, or condensation build up, strangely enough, the water settles between the rails of the OIL rings, leaving a rusty 'tide' mark.

I have observed this on many, many engines, regardless of bore composition. The condensation formed inside engines during very short run times (say, less than 3 miles), can leave these marks.

I may be mistaken due to the lack of clarity of the image, but it certainly looks like a rusty ring :oops: . Baz Hart will probably be along soon to add to this.
:bye:

I did look at the Snap On one among others but obviously the price is huge for only occasional use and I've seen a few pictures and videos and the quality wasn't very good or only as good as cheaper ones. I'll shove mine in my engine this week and have a look to see the quality.

I came by it second hand (about 5 years ago), so it was a case of beggars can't be choosers.

Obviously tech has moved on a lot since then (but it is ruggedised and AFAIK still covered by the SnapOn lifetime warranty).

I can't say whose engine that is, but I can say it was a 3.6 :wink:

Ridgid 31123 SeeSnake Micro 9.5mm Inspection Camera
£150 with lots of different camera heads, even dual head and just 9mm thick, its almost HD quality, and has USB download directly.

No, I was invited to stick my borescope where the sun don't shine!

In fact, they did the hard work, and took all the plugs out before I got there :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back