Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The watercooled Porsche challenge. My 1980 Porsche 924

kas750

On Wednesday the 29th April I will be driving to Germany with a few other friends in our Porsche's to the Dinslaken Porsche show in Germany.

My friends have Porsche 944's and I was of course booked to go in my GT3.

Anyway having giving it some thought I have set myself the challenge of buying a Porsche as cheap as possible and getting it roadworthy and driving to Germany in it..Am I mad?..possibly. :grin:

So having scanned ads in the usual places I spotted a 1980 924 that had been badly listed with poor pics and text that had failed to sell..the best thing was it was only 10 miles away.

The car has not been on the road for more than 6 months so will need to be collected on a trailer.But crucially it starts and will drive.

It is remarkably original with 124k on the clock but does ideally need the wings replacing but that is the only rust on the entire car.

Here are some pictures of it at the vendors house.
I am hopefully going to be collecting it this weekend and then will need to burn the midnight oil.I might not make it,but I will give it a damn good go!

The clock is ticking!! :thumbs:

:thumb: Takes me back to 1987

Mine was 'T' Reg

:sad: I was looking forward to seeing your GT3 :sad:

T8 said:

Mine was 'T' Reg

On the plus side you will get to see my silver 924! :lol:

£650 porsche challenge

Good luck with the challenge :thumb: I would love to do something like that with my son.

Take lots of pictures of the car being prepared and the journey to Germany :thumbs:

With those seats how can you go wrong, fabulous.

Hows your breakdown cover :grin:

:worship:

Nice one. What could possibly go wrong.

Had the use of my chum's 924 back in 1983 :grin:
That psychedelic interior looks great. Would love to tag along but unfortunatley will be overseas :pc:

You should have chanced your luck with this turbo Here and as it's met the reserve there's a BOGOF thrown in the deal :grin:

T8 said:

Mine was 'T' Reg

Weren't they still badged Audi back then :?:

You auditioning for top gear :dont know:

This has the makings of an ace thread :thumb:

Love the retro cool interior.

Keep the posts and information picture heavy and coming.

Pip :thumb:

Kas what a great challenge; love it!!

Keep us all informed of progress m8 and dont forget to take lots of photos.

Osh

Yes what could possibly go wrong with that? :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back