Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sat nav disc wanted

huntert

Silverstone
Anybody know of any sites that provide "upgraded" sat nav discs. I used to get discs for BMWs from a site called "satnav upgrades" and they were great, but i cant find a equivalent Porsche site.

stressballsteve said:
Try Rusty @ http://www.satnavupgrades.co.uk/
He does the Porsche ones, but you'll have to email him. I've just bought a set off him, but not got round to installing them yet. I used him for my BMW and Range Rover upgrades and they were excellent.

Steve

Pcm2 for UK and EU 2014 for £25 :thumb:

Me 3

If anyone has installed updates previously, some tips would be appreciated.

I have received one disc called software and another with the maps.

Putting the software disc in first (under the hood, not in the head unit) and nothing happens....

Got my discs today, tried putting the CD's, (there are 2 of them) but the unit wouldn't read them, turns out my system was up to date. Next put the DVD in the nav unit, it asked me to confirm I wanted to update and the update took a few minutes. Took the car our and hey presto new roads appeared!! Very impressed!

just emailed rusty, he said that mine has to be updated by Porsche, as it requires a code. that is for pcm 3.

but he could do my rr sport one for 25-00 but again no speed cameras.

Mines done, Russell was very helpful on the phone,
He sends out 3 discs, most people will only need the one,
Put the disc marked one in first, if nothing happens go straight to the maps disc :thumb:

I just ordered this.

I asked Rusty about install,..

He said put the 1st 2 disks in the head unit, one after the other. Once that update finishes, then put the Map disc in the Nav disc drive (which is in the front boot). Should then work.

Start a route on the navnav with your stereo playing loud enough to hear the music. When your stereo's music goes quiet (as if interrupted by something) then turn the volume control knob up to increase volume.

Hopefully that will do the trick.

PS. my 3 discs arrived. One of them wasn't recognised by the system. The other two including map disc( 2014) seemed to work. I have 5 digit postcode search now. Don't think it was there before with the original disc that I took out, but not sure. So think all is good. Car feels faster also now :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back