Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

need advice

Caban

Trainee
not good situation with oilservice,
last oil change was 5 months ago, and mileage after it is about 16k km (10k miles)

i asked two local dealers for oilservice, but they are fully booked until 08-09 April
The problem is that 01 April i need to move from UK to Russia, and it is about 3-4k km +to mileage

didn't thought that oilservice may be a problem... and that Porsche service fully booked for 2 weeks ahead
i'm idiot :oops:

don't know what to do :frustrated:
change oil in unofficial garage?
try to find dealer in France?
move to Russia and change oil there? huh.. what about warranty extension?

car: 997 turbo S, 2011
sorry for bad english

I'd hope that any decent garage would be able to do an oil change but you might want to supply the oil and filter to make sure you know what they're using.

Good luck :thumb:

T8 said:
I'd hope that any decent garage would be able to do an oil change but you might want to supply the oil and filter to make sure you know what they're using.

Good luck :thumb:

thanks,
i decided to change oil in Moscow..

meanwhile in Poland :nooo:
guys, be careful on snow roads :oops:

Attachments

• img_1189_314.jpg
    img_1189_314.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 3,879
:wtf: :(

alex yates said:

looks terrifying
yesterday full clean, diagnostic and quick repair at Porsche centre Poznan (big thanks to this Porsche dealer, i was surprised how quickly and .. good.. they do they job)
result is - everything is ok, only need to repair plastic elements
and they have changed oil (subj).. of course :grin:
now i'm in moscow, car is ok, local dealer is awaiting 8)

Ouch :eek:

For sale............one careful owner, FSH, mint condition ( after the repairs ) :dont know:

Is winter tyres mandatory in Poland? It is in Germany and I use winters on mine. Winters are noticeably better at dealing with 5c or below and when you hit icy puddles or black ice.

Garrison said:
Is winter tyres mandatory in Poland? It is in Germany and I use winters on mine. Winters are noticeably better at dealing with 5c or below and when you hit icy puddles or black ice.

i use winter tires (almost new, 3-4k mileage),
i think it was aquaplaning. There was heavy snowfall (photo of car is 5 minutes after landing). And in one moment i just felt how front wheels lost contact with the road.

15 years driving, it is first heavy accident :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back