Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best European Grand Prix

mzmini

Barcelona
Hi I have not been to a GP since Alan Jones won the British GP at Brands 1980 the long queuing to get in and out, the loo's, a cup of tea and of course the admission prices have stopped me going again .I have a brain wave why not jump in the beloved 911 and go to a European race this year , was rather taken by Spa can anyone offer any pointers on this or another venue
many thanks
MZmini

I've been to Monaco twice about 12 years ago. The ticket prices were reasonable and no hassle with the loos, etc. cos everything is so compact.
Best way is to stop somewhere along the coast in France or Italy and jump on the train right into the centre of Monaco so you've no hassle parking and drinking.
If you plan ahead it can be done at a decent cost.

You can go on the hillside where the palace is for 40 euro Saturday and 70 euro Sunday, or if not on a budget, go in one of the stands. I used to vary stands for each day so you watch qualifying from one part of the track and the race from another.

There's plenty of other racing on all weekend too like Porsche supercup and Formula Renault.

See here for tickets: http://issuu.com/federall/docs/6_volets_f1_2015_pap/2?e=0

Spa would be my choice if going into Europe for a GP and it's not far away at all but as Alex says the Monaco GP would be a good one too although a little further to drive to.
I was at Monaco after they had finished qualifying on a Saturday afternoon (missed the F1 action) and I had hired a bike from Paris to ride south and managed a few laps of the circuit on it with all the race furniture still in place which is quite spacial, I stayed in Cannes (Nice is even closer) and it's a damn site cheaper and only an hour from Monaco.

Did Spa last year, parked in someones garden in the village for 10 euros, had our Sunday grandstand tickets upgraded to a 3 day ticket (Eau Rouge).
Expect changeable weather and dress accordingly, even in August.

Epic place to watch a Grand Prix and planning to do it again this year.

Forget hotels close to the circuit, it`s either camping or go 30 miles out. We are considering renting a house for a week.

Thanks all, infrasilver we have been lucky enough to have driven all a round the GP circuit whilst on the Monte Carlo Historic as part of the John Cooper/Mini World team a few years back as you say it's really special and going up on the finishing ramp a moment that will stay with us forever
cheers MZmini

I must have driven round there about 40 times now and every time it still feels 'special' and puts a big grin on my face :)

Nice one :thumb:

Just looked up the F1 calendar and as luck would have it we going to Biarritz on the 1st of May and driving the coast to coast route across the Pyrenees so now looking at going to watch at the Spanish at Circuit De Catalunya
we will be right on the doorstep , happy day's :D sorted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back