Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPCs now charging for courtesy cars

Fox Terrier

Just went to book a service at my usual OPC and was informed that since last month they have been charging for courtesy cars - £10 for a Golf and £20 for a Porsche. Not a problem as I'm working so they'll have to collect and deliver anyway (free). If your car's in for warranty work the courtesy car is free. Hm.
On the plus side, it will save me some cash as I won't be tempted by the latest Porsche!
Won't name and shame as it would be interesting to know if all OPCs are doing this.

Chester were doing this last time I used them, that was almost three years ago now. £15 for 'Insurance'. Wilmslow (now my OPC) does not do this at the moment.

Cheap as chips!

I got a Golf, but I'd pay £20/day for a porker if I had the option.

If not, you could always hire a Chevy Spark automatic from Enterprise for £29.70 per day:

http://www.enterprise.co.uk/car_rental/home.do;jsessionid=1LT0JtRTC6QVgSJSsvF68LnxGdTLLVFTRF1nn9tl1PGDLn8GVy9g!1783087705

Hmmm......

I had my car in at OPC Chester May last year - dropped it off on Tuesday morning and collected close of play Friday. Had a new Boxster for that period and was not charged a thing for it. So it may be a discretionary charge? I have been using them since the prior year and rhey had serviced the car in the two years before my ownership and knew my car.

Let's see what happens this year. But £20 is a no-brainer versus £29.70 for a Chevy (nee Matiz) from Enterprise.

Maybe they changed it, who knows? I don't see how they can charge some and not others. And it's not a 'courtesy car' if you have to pay for it.

To be fair, the OPC has always been fine about letting me take cars out for the day for test drives before.

Fox Terrier said:
To be fair, the OPC has always been fine about letting me take cars out for the day for test drives before.

We are talking about the car they give you whilst your car is in for a service.

At my OPC, Porsche courtesy cars are not on the menu, doesn't matter what you drive in, you are leaving in an A Class! :x

scottuk said:
At my OPC, Porsche courtesy cars are not on the menu, doesn't matter what you drive in, you are leaving in an A Class! :x

Yeah they do that at Wilmslow, sometimes you get a Porsche if you are lucky. Always got a Porsche at Chester I have to say.

Think it is the thin end of the wedge when OPCs start charging for courtesy cars considering the initial purchase price, service charges and the costs of spares. :eek: :x

It's like going to Tesco and them charging you to park in their car park!! :what:

DRZ911 said:
Think it is the thin end of the wedge when OPCs start charging for courtesy cars considering the initial purchase price, service charges and the costs of spares. :eek: :x

It's like going to Tesco and them charging you to park in their car park!! :what:

Completely agree

I've had a Cayenne diesel, Cayman s, 997 Carrera and once had a rather pleasant and fully loaded A1 :thumb: never had to pay for them though they've certainly taken more than enough money from me... :hand:

One of my best friends is about to become Service Manager at my local OPC, nice loan cars and discounts!

:)

I almost took a courtesy car when I had a service done in December. Elected to have them drive me home instead. If I did take the car though, they would have charged a one off fee of £10 to put my name on their Insurance... which I thought was more than reasonable.

declandio said:
I almost took a courtesy car when I had a service done in December. Elected to have them drive me home instead. If I did take the car though, they would have charged a one off fee of £10 to put my name on their Insurance... which I thought was more than reasonable.

It would help if people listed their OPC so we can get an idea of which one does which as they all work independently.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back