Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Can a 911 SSC be worth £60 k ? Opinions please

JPA

As above , this car is mint with huge history , 1986 with only 66k
The car looks and smells like brand new , don't think it's even had any paint
It's way more than I ever wanted to pay but I feel drawn to it lol
Just want make sure it can be worth that kind of asking price
It's not advertised anywhere so can't forward link etc

All opinions are welcome please before I commit , or not :roll:

Thanks in advance

John :wink:

£60k is top top whack, but if you can afford it and is right for you then why not :)

I helped my brother purchase the below Super Sport the beginning of last year for what seemed a lofty price of £40k at the time (1989, G50, 2 owner, 100k, RHD, original bill of sale etc, etc..). The prices have moved on a fair bit over the last 12 months though...

Good luck with whatever you decide (guess you've already made your decision reading between the lines of your post :grin:) :thumbs:

Attachments

• guards_150.jpg
    guards_150.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 11,709
original and depends on the condition, since the parts may be original but for example a clutch could have worn out or thee suspension and rubber seals are on their last legs

price needs to reflect the ability to drive and perform like a 911

When I bought my super sport coupe for £23K in 2008, I was told it was over priced, I pused the boat out...I was advised last week to increase my agreed value Insurance to £60k and could sell for between £55-£65K depending on condition?
Mine has 45k on the clock.

IF it is as good as you say it is and has NO rot (I'd question original paint unless its been in a carcoon/dehumidifyer to protect the corrosion) then its worth the bags :thumb:

anything is worth what someone wants to pay for it, there is always someone out there for every car.
i think its at the top of its money, but it may well be a top car? im guessing, same as everybody, until its viewed.

If it's right for you then buy it & enjoy it.

Personally I think classic Porsche prices are a bubble waiting to burst but I could be wrong.

Prices are still high, for A/C 911's certain models do better than others.

Buy the car on condition, and the best you can afford and hold a bit back for a bill later on.

All cars can be improved with time and money.

As for the bubble, who know there will be dip nothing major.

IMO I cannot see 930's going back to under 20k again from my point of view as a owner.

Either way buy a car you love and enjoy it

3.2 Carrera said:
If it's right for you then buy it & enjoy it.

Personally I think classic Porsche prices are a bubble waiting to burst but I could be wrong.
Can't see the bubble bursting, may settle a bit but at the end of the day they're not building any more of these cars, it's not just air cooled Porsches which have gone ballistic, look at Mk 1 golf GTI's, who would have thought they could be worth £7k for a mint example or £20k for a Sierra Cosworth, more people are buying air cooled Porsches to hang on to indefinitely, so there's less available to buy, hence the crazy prices, I'm one of those, bought my 964 C2 coupe manual for £14K in 2006, valued 12 months ago at £34, I wouldn't try to sell it if the prices started to fall, I could only see that happen if there was a major recession, which is unlikely and at the end of the day would be short lived.
The danger going back to the OP's question is buying a totally mint low milage car for top dollar and using it as every day transport clocking up 15K per year, after several years it's no longer a totally mint low milage car and so it's value may not be as much, in order for it to stay at the top end price bracket it would need to remain as low milage and mint.

No, it's not worth £60k.

You'll lose money if you want to drive it as you're paying a premium for the mileage and condition.

As an investment you're paying top money, so it could go up or down in price. If you want to keep it long term you should factor in the service and storage costs over a longer period and it will eat into an profit

A narrow bodied 3.2 Carrera would be a better drive.

If however you love the 911 Supersport, want an occasional driv, have the money and aren't too worried if it drops a little then go for it.

These cars are best used, not garaged! :)

^^^^ I will echo what has been said above ^^^^
I know of a local to me SSC, 89, G50 one owner with 21k on the clock and in timewarp condition in white, last time i was down at his garage, it had picked up a stonechip on the front wing, Peter was thinking of getting the wing painted, my opinion was no leave it or touch it in with a touch up stick.
My 944 Turbo S is now worth at least double what i paid for it, not for sale though, nice to know it's worth a few quid but it is going nowhere, sold it and bought it back about 6 years ago.................it's a keeper, so value does not matter really :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back