Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

50th Anniversary Rear Grill Deck

bayrak

Monza
Liked the look of this so much

rear991classic_510.jpg

Have ordered one, should be fitted early March :D

Anyone else done this if so were you pleased with the result :?:

I agree, it reminds me of the old Carrera 3.2 grille and looks great. There seems to have been a trend toward "aggressive slats" rather than grilles by all car manufacturers, but I think it's a classic example of Porsche doing something differently.

Out of interest, how much is it. Mine TT silver like toms, and with the black badges I think it looks awesome.
If it's not silly money, I may try it.

Yep, totally agree. I looked at the black GTS version too but it cost newly £900 and overall I thought the 50th version looked better, its retro look suits the car.

I paid £350 inc fitting for the 50th version.

Yes I did. Check your messages. :D

FindTom sorry I miss read your post 350 was an excellent price well done you :thumb:

Hi fellas. I am quite keen on this. Can one (or both!) of you PM details on where you got yours etc?

Wondering if it might even been a DIY fit possibility. :?:

Thanks!

Trying to make my mind up if the chrome grill would suit my car.

Neverthless, got some dealer prices :-
Parts £422 (incl VAT)
Labour £120 (incl VAT)
Total £542 (incl VAT)

So just have to make a decision now. :?:

On a white car there is no doubt the black would look better, but the GTS one is twice the price!

This photo shows the black bits better, I guess it's up to you on how much you want to spend.

I'm just saving for some naked carbon interior bits (£1500)....

Attachments

• rear991side_117.jpg
    rear991side_117.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 5,924
Looks fantastic, the black of your hood really sets it off.

I think it's a must do mod!

I noted your calipers, do you have ceramics too?

Tom

Not ceramics, the original owner had the OPC colour them prior to delivery, which I thank him for. :D

Racing yellow is not everyones cup of tea but the black roof & wheels blend well with the chrome lettering, & chrome/black of the new grill deck.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back