Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rearguard

should work fine since they just stick on

as for colour, depends on what colour your car is

The car is silver. The company kindly sent through samples of all the colour options which are black, silver, brushed aluminium effect and carbon fibre effect. The brushed aluminium is not as good as I was hoping for, although the silver is a pretty good match. Nevertheless, I'm sure the difference would show in the appropriate light, so I think I'll go for black as I don't want three shades of silver (including the trim at the bottom of the tailgate) next to each other. If the fitted product looks OK I might go for the door cill trims as well. What with a dog in the back and grandchildren climbing into the car I was just wanting a bit of paint protection. I've already got the Porsche winter kit with the hard plastic boot liner and rubber interior mats and I'm very pleased with those. I'll post my thoughts once this rear trim is fitted.

Just had some 3M clear film put on the rear bumper and door guards. Maybe not as robust as these, but pretty much invisible. Pleased with the result so far.

I've received the rear guard, but not fitted it because it has been so cold I was concerned about the effectiveness of the adhesive. I think it is appropriate for the rear what with a dog getting in and out, but I might try something like you did for the doors for aesthetic reasons. Is it a particular type of 3M film you used.

Zorro said:
Is it a particular type of 3M film you used.

Yes, 3M Ventureshield, fitted for me by Revolution Detailing near Bristol, but there's a nationwide network, I believe. Adam did it when prepping for the GTechniq finish.

What do you think of the GTechniq. There appears to be more than one option.

Yes, have had GTechniq process on 3 different cars and very pleased with the outcomes. The main option appears (from my understanding) to be C1 followed by EXO.

The 991 is nearly three years old and still comes up a treat, though I have it booked in for a new treatment as a birthday present in a couple of months :)

Isn't there one called a serum or is that the one up from a C1 you refer to.

Crystal Serum is the professional only one, as you say. Even more expensive then C1!! Not tried it so can't comment.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back