Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

05 reg 993? don't mind if I do!

Citori

Spotted yesterday at Castle Hedingham.
An 05 reg 993? There had to be a story, and there was.
The guy who was showing the car was over from California, The way I understood it, it wasn't his car but belonged to a client.
The story: The client ordered the car from RUF, who the built the car from the ground up using ALL new parts including a brand new chassis purchased from Porsche. It was fitted with a twin turbo 500+ BHP engine and a custom (but very subtle) interior.
To qualify for the 05 plate the car had to meet all the regulations applicable to that year and had to be constructed from all new parts. If there was one single second hand part it would have to had been registered as a Q plate like a kit car. The guy showing it told us it was actually registered as a Ruf 993 and not a Porsche.
It was one of my favorite cars of the show, but there again, there were a lot of those! :grin:

How on earth did I not spot that :eek:

The driver was certainly giving it some welly on the 'parade' :worship:

How much did It cost?

ColinC said:
How much did It cost?

The sort of person who can afford such a thing usually doesn't like to discuss prices !!!

And we didn't dare ask.. :oops:

I would hate to hazard a guess.... :nooo:

Maybe Jag's new low drag e-type and mkII give an idea of the sort of numbers - six figures, beginning with a 3!

It will have cost a lot! I would hazard a guess at £500k :eek:

I remember a long time ago a guy building a Sierra Cosworth from all new Ford parts including chassis in a similar way.

To get a new registration you can have one secondhand major component, such as engine or gearbox. But it has to have been reconditioned to as-new standard.

MC

That is the prettiest 993 I have ever seen!!!!

Totally, totally awesome

What a beauty, must go to Headingham next year.

Liking those black enameled turbo wheels... Never seen that before but looks great.

Fantastic topic Citori and thanks for posting ..
I've had a long term affair with all things RUF.
Amazing to see a '05 CTR2
I met Alois last year, he was charming to the last (the love affair stops just short of there!!)
It's my ultimate dream car .. You can keep your GT2!

It's my understanding that RUF are registered as a manufacturer and thus it's not uncommon (possibly usual) that their builds are registered as RUF, not Porsche.

It's a bit of a wonder they can register it a a RUF and not infringe on any trade marks... ie 'copying' the Porsche design.

Perhaps they pay Porsche some royalties..

Looks beautiful... the ultimate in scarcity must push the value of this through the roof.. glad to see he's driving it!!

Thanks for posting Citori

Outliar said:

Liking those black enameled turbo wheels... Never seen that before but looks great.

I must try to post more :D

GT4 said:
Outliar said:

24144......Noticed you were getting a tad lazy :grin:

scottuk said:
GT4 said:
Outliar said:

24144......Noticed you were getting a tad lazy :grin:

Seeing your picture reminded me, Matt LeBlanc was at Castle Hedingham on Sunday looking at this very car!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back