Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking for this car

csturnbull

I was a mechanic for the owner of this car in another life. Unfortunately he passed away a good while ago and I was wondering if this 911S is still in one piece. I loved working on this car in Adlington near Chorley, Lancs, UK. They were great days. Looking back I must admit it was a shame to race it on the beach at Southport and to autocross it all over UK. Great days though.

Clive Turnbull
Cheshire
UK
[/img]

Attachments

• john_akers_911s_103.jpg
    john_akers_911s_103.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 13,401
I live very near chorley and would be interested in your story of this car,please elaborate. :thumb:

kas750 said:
I live very near chorley and would be interested in your story of this car,please elaborate. :thumb:

I used to work and stay at the owners house every weekend. I am not sure if it was Chorley Rd Adlington. We used to trail the 911S all over the country and he was really successful He also autocrossed TVR's with even more success. The 911 was a bit heavy but it's acceleration was fantastic. I geared it down so much that it was only just reaching 100mph at 5500rpm in 5th! We didn't need that kind of speed for sand racing and autocross.
We always used to call at the Black Crow in Standish? (hope that's right) on the way home. It was a long time ago so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your interest
Regards
Clive

This is a bit J R Hartley :grin: hope you find the car :thumb:

Certainly is! Maybe a farmer will have it in his barn and let me have it for a fiver! Then again---
Many thanks
Clive

Hi Clive,

It's amazing how certain cars touch our souls.

You should try here www.ddk-online.com if it's still about in this country there's a good chance someone on that forum will know it.

Good luck,
Paul

The vehicle details can not be found on the DVLA website so its not taxed at the moment..thats not to say that's its not hidden in a barn somewhere waiting to be restored!

paul284pt said:
Hi Clive,

It's amazing how certain cars touch our souls.

You should try here www.ddk-online.com if it's still about in this country there's a good chance someone on that forum will know it.

Good luck,
Paul
Many thanks Paul, I'll register and post the pics. Hard to believe that it would have been scrapped or written off but who knows?
Regards
Clive

If it's not taxed it has to be SORN,d so a registration may still exist.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back