Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Introducing my Guards Red C2S

UT Bondman said:
Keirnan,
As was mentioned in another thread, some folks have been hearing rattles in their glass sunroof when it's closed. Any issue for you?
Thanks, UT Bondman

UT Bondman, I've not heard so much as a peep from the sunroof, so I guess mine must be OK. Having said that, I've mostly had the roof fully open or at least tilted up with the fine weather we've been having, so that may have hidden things.

My other car's a BMW X3 with the panoramic sunrrof, and that used to rattle in cold weather when the roof was closed. Took me months to find the cause, but a bit of felt tape applied to the right area soon fixed things. If the roof in the 911 does something similar, hopefully the same sort of fix will work.

Car's goimg in to the OPC on Friday for the Sport Design steering wheel to be fitted. Whilst the current wheel is heated, I just think it looks ugly comapred to the SD wheel, so thought I'd splash out. Now, I wonder if they'll do a deal on the switchable PSE?

Good idea on the felt tape. Should be getting my MY15 C2S with a glass sunroof in about 4 weeks and I'll be listening for rattles.

And the more business you give them, the more likely the discount...

Well, the car's in today for the Sport Design steering wheel to be fitted. Unfortunately, they ordered the wrong one as the one they have is for a PDK, but of course mine's a manual. They'll get the right one couriered overnight so they can fit it in the morning.

To compensate me for the inconvenience, they've done a great deal on the PSE, so I've given them the go ahead to get that done at the same time. They're stripping everything out now so they just have to fit the exhaust and switch in the morning ready for me to collect.

I'm considerably poorer than I was expecting, but can't wait until lunchtime tomorrow.

Kiernan,

PSE on a 991 well worth the expense - aurally orgasmic and the hairs stand up on the back of your neck!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :grin: :grin: :lol: :lol:

we need video and sound I think, gorgeous car!

Quick update on this having picked up the car on Satorday.

What can I say about the exhaust, other than Wow. Was concerned I would feel disappointed but once I presssed the button there was no chance of that. The car seems to have come alive and driving through some tunnels on the way home was amazing. I've quickly changed from being indifferent about the PSE to it being an absolute must have. Having experienced both the standard exhaust and the PSE on the same car, I can make a direct comparison, and the news is all good. If I want to be sensible, I just leave it switched off, but with the music it plays, along with the crackles on pops with it switched on, I can see that pressing the button is going to become one of those things prior to every journey, akin to putting the seatbelt on.

The only downside is that the fuel consumption seems to have increased!

The Sport Design wheel's also really nice, but it's insignificant beside the PSE.

Good man!

I have the PSE and wheel - cant say I've regretted speccing either! Seems a crime to have a 991 without a PSE - such a waste!

:thumb:

PSE is a must have in any 911.

DRZ911 said:
Kiernan,

PSE on a 991 well worth the expense - aurally orgasmic and the hairs stand up on the back of your neck!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :grin: :grin: :lol: :lol:

Told you that the PSE would hit the spot !!! 8) 8)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back