Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Macan S diesel acceleration and sound (Aurum Paint)

AdrianTC

Hi guys!

You've probably seen the Porsche Boxster video that I made and posted here in Boxster section.

Last days I shot the Macan S diesel for my blog. It is a 3-litre diesel engine with one turbocharger, developing 190 kW/258 PS/hp. The paint is very nice (Aurum Metallic, 2,070 Euro without VAT) and it's the first time I see it on a Porsche.

http://youtu.be/UOyrmxaVRhs

If you want to read more about this specific car you can find everything on my blog. There are also some detailed pictures, including under the car http://throttlechannel.com/porsche-macan-s-diesel-2014

Or if you have questions that you think I can answer... please shoot!

Thanks for this AdrianTC. Is it your Macan?

Hi, Fox Terrier,

No, it is not my car. I'm an automotive journalist and blogger and the Macan S diesel is from the importer.

ThrottleChannel.com is my ideea, so I shoot short videos with any car. I just started the project almost two months ago. If you visit the website and the YouTube channel you will see that I have there many other brands and cars.

These days I'm shooting a Mercedes-Benz C 220 CDI BLUETEC...

But even I don't own a Porsche, it is one of my favourite automotive brands and I hope I will add a Boxster to my garage in the next years.

My personal car is a 2002 MINI Cooper - 1.6i 16V 85 kW/116 PS/hp.

Adrian

nice but 43k for a macan vs 47k for a cayenne.. id take the bigger one.

timm996 said:
Whilst the bigger one is tempting for some, I'd bet the residuals on the Macan will far outstrip those for the Cayenne. I'd take the Macan, add 21" alloys for effect and use that as my daily.

Porsche-Macan-Exclusive1.jpg

~ Maxie :thumbs:

Talking about alloys, the Aurum Macan S diesel in my video has 21'' factory alloys and I was surprised by how refined is the suspension.

In the Mercedes-Benz C 220 CDI BLUETEC that I'm driving now, 225/45 R18 (front) and 245/40 R18 tyres format is making the suspension noisy. It was the same for a BMW 3 Series with a similar tyre format that I drove last year...

I know the Macan is a different class and size, but I was expecting worse for those Continental ContiSportContact 265/40 R21 (front) and 295/35 R21 (rear).

I'd option the +40mm air-suspension, so it can actually off-road (although ideally on 18 or 19s)

Maxie said:
timm996 said:
Whilst the bigger one is tempting for some, I'd bet the residuals on the Macan will far outstrip those for the Cayenne. I'd take the Macan, add 21" alloys for effect and use that as my daily.

~ Maxie :thumbs:

I would take neither - both are awful to me.

that is stunning acceleration for a TD - amazing

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back