Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Carrera Cup GB 2014 Race 10 & 11 Snetterton

Porsche News

Porsche Carrera Cup GB resumes at Snetterton

After a five-week summer break, the Porsche Carrera Cup GB bursts back into action at Snetterton (2/3 August) for rounds 10 and 11 and the start of the second half of the season. With all three categories finely-balanced, the pair of races at the East Anglian track will be a real pointer to the title races that will be played out over the next three months.

The latest Type-991 911 GT3 Cup will make a spectacular sight on its debut at the Norfolk track and it is Carrera Cup Scholarship driver Josh Webster (Redline Racing) who heads the overall points after nine of the season's 19 races. Never before has a Scholarship driver topped the points in his Scholarship year and Stowmarket-based 20-year-old is determined to maintain that momentum at his home track.

However, double champion Michael Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) is just as determined to claw back Webster's 10-point lead and get his bid for a record third title firmly back on track after being forced to miss one of the races at Croft last time out after an off in qualifying.

Chasing Webster and Meadows will be Paul Rees (In2 Racing) and Victor Jimenez (Redline Racing). Rees is getting quicker and quicker and now wants to convert that pace into a first win, while Jimenez is eager to bounce back after two non-finishes in the last three races.

Joining the action towards the head of the field will be Australian GT racer Richard Muscat at the wheel of the Carrera Cup guest car. Muscat (22) will race at Snetterton during a summer tour of Europe and was due to contest the 24-hours of Spa a week before Snetterton. Another welcome addition to the grid will be former GT racer Jordan Witt, who will make his Carrera Cup debut alongside Muscat at Redline Racing.

In Pro-Am1, Justin Sherwood (Team Parker Racing) will take the chance to close the points' gap to Karl Leonard, who is not planning to race at Snetterton. However, Pepe Massot (Parr Motorsport) made a strong impression on his Carrera Cup debut at Croft and could still work into contention for the Pro-Am1 title. Rejoining Pro-Am1 will be Rob Smith (Redline Racing), who was a strong contender in his last race in the championship at Le Mans in June.

The Pro-Am2 battle is centred on Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) and Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) and Liquorish heads to Norfolk with a slender 12-point advantage. Back in the Pro-Am2 battle after an impressive debut at Croft is Paul McKay (In2 Racing) and so the category's reputation for delivering great racing should build still further.

After qualifying at 13.40 on Saturday (2 August), round ten of the Carrera Cup GB will start at 09.05 on Sunday (3 August) with round eleven at 15.20. Round eleven will be broadcast live on ITV4. Live circuit commentary throughout the weekend is available at www.btcc.net and live timing can be found at www.tsl-timing.com

Attachments

• pccgb14_106.jpg
    pccgb14_106.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 13,378
Webster tops Carrera Cup GB test at Snetterton

Josh Webster sets the testing pace at Snetterton
Michael Meadows and Paul Rees run second and third
Pepe Massot and Steven Liquorish top Pro-Am1 and Pro-Am2

Championship leader Josh Webster maintained his run of strong form by setting the pace in the Porsche Carrera Cup GB during testing at Snetterton today (Friday 1 August).

Driving on his home track, the Carrera Cup GB Scholarship racer topped the times for Redline Racing to head his team mate Michael Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) by just under a quarter of a second in warm and sunny conditions. Paul Rees (In2 Racing) was a strong third while Pepe Massot (Parr Motorsport) and Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) set the standard in Pro-Am1 and Pro-Am2.

Webster, who starts the second half of the season with a 10-point championship lead over Meadows, was fastest in both sessions and set his best lap on a new tyre run in the afternoon session. Rees was well in touch in third, while guest racer Richard Muscat (Redline Racing) was very impressive as he took fourth, right behind Rees.

Massot was fifth overall and headed Pro-Am1 by seven-tenths of a second from another impressive series newcomer, Jordan Witt (Redline Racing). Liquorish was top of Pro-Am2 from Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport).

Josh Webster (Redline Racing) first overall:
'It's been a really good day and it has been positive from the first lap. We've got the car handling really well and we had good pace this morning on old tyres. The car is awesome and if it rains for qualifying tomorrow I really like it here in the wet."

Michael Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) second overall:
'The car doesn't feel comfortable to drive and we need to think about what we do. Of course, it could come to us if it rains for qualifying."

Paul Rees (In2 Racing) third overall:
'That's a good day. We're working to close the gap to the leaders, which I've done. I think we've still got something in the bag and this will be my first time racing on the new Snetterton. They've done a good job with the track."

Pepe Massot (Parr Motorsport) first in Pro-Am1:
'Not so good: we still have some time to find. I caught another car on the best lap for the new tyres and had to back off and start another lap."

Jordan Witt (Redline Racing) second in Pro-Am1:
'It's been a really good day. We looked at the data after the first session and that helped a great deal."

Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) first in Pro-Am2:
'That was better. Testing last week was a bit of a nightmare and I didn't get much time in the car. Top marks to Stuart Parker and the team today and I felt confident even on the older tyres."

Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) second in Pro-Am2:
'I put the new tyres on and I was aiming to really push on lap three when the tyres came in, but then I flat-spotted a tyre under braking for the Esses."

Attachments

• snett03_201.jpg
    snett03_201.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 13,373
  • snett02_141.jpg
    snett02_141.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 13,373
  • snett01_173.jpg
    snett01_173.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 13,373
Jordan Witt joins Carrera Cup GB at Snetterton

Rising sports car racer Jordan Witt has joined the Porsche Carrera Cup GB this weekend at Snetterton (2/3 August) and will now complete the season with Redline Racing ahead of a full campaign in 2015.

Witt (23), is a race winner in GT Cup this season has been racing for four seasons after starting in the Sport Maxx Cup in 2011. The following season he won the GTC class of the British GT Championship in the works Chevron and has also competed in GT Cup and Britcar.

Now, the Nantwich-based racer wants to build his career and reputation by showing his pace in the Pro-Am1 category of the Carrera Cup and plans to run the balance of 2014 as a learning programme before a full assault next season.

'I want to work towards a career as a sports car racer and the Carrera Cup is a level playing field for me," said Witt. 'I'm still learning about the car." He will draw on the experience of standard-setting Redline Racing to help him get up to speed.

Attachments

• snett04_156.jpg
    snett04_156.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 13,369
Webster takes double Carrera Cup GB pole at Snetterton

Josh Webster sets searing pace at home track
Pepe Massot sets Pro-Am1 pace
Steven Liquorish and Peter Kyle-Henney share Pro-Am2 poles

Josh Webster claimed an impressive double pole position in the Porsche Carrera Cup GB at Snetterton today (Saturday 2 August) as he headed title rival Michael Meadows on the grids for rounds 10 and 11 of the 19-race season.

This was the first double pole of the season for Carrera Cup Scholarship racer Webster (Redline Racing), who started the race weekend with a 10-point championship lead over Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing).
Meanwhile, Pepe Massot (Parr Motorsport) set the Pro-Am1 pace, but will drop down the grid for the opening Snetterton race as a result of a five-place grid penalty imposed after round nine at Croft. That penalty will move Justin Sherwood (Team Parker Racing) to the fore in Pro-Am1 for the opening Snetterton race.
Subsequent to the qualifying session, another driver raised a query over Massot's status as a Pro-Am1 category driver. In line with the championship regulations, a driver panel was convened and the decision was taken that Massot be re-classified as a Pro driver.
In Pro-Am2, Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) and Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) were as evenly-matched as ever and shared the pole positions as they continued their season-long battle.

Josh Webster (Redline Racing) fastest overall:
'Testing yesterday went well and I tried not to get too far ahead of myself. This was the session I had to do it. Michael and I are fighting for the championship, but we've got respect for each other."

Michael Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) second fastest overall:
'It's going to be tight all the way. Luckily it stayed dry despite the forecast for rain. I'm reasonably happy with the car, but I'm still adapting back to the Carrera Cup car after driving some other cars recently."

Richard Muscat (Redline Racing) third fastest for round ten:
'I'm definitely enjoying myself. This is a very different car for me to drive and it's good to adapt. Every session I'm getting quicker and it's gone good so far."

Pepe Massot (Parr Motorsport) fastest in Pro-Am1:
'It was good. I got held up on my quickest lap and I lost three or four tenths. So maybe I could have been second or third. I'm still learning about the car."

Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) first and second in Pro-Am2:
'It's all okay. I just took a bit longer to get dialled in. But the car was very good and I did my best lap on the last lap of the session."

Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) second and first in Pro-Am2:
'On the first set of tyres the brake bias was wrong and it was difficult to focus while thinking about locking a wheel. We changed the bias during the pit stop and that made it more stable."

Attachments

• snett06_157.jpg
    snett06_157.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 13,366
  • snett05_730.jpg
    snett05_730.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 13,366
Webster dominates Carrera Cup GB round ten

Josh Webster takes resounding victory at Snetterton
Rob Smith scores first Pro-Am1 win
Peter Kyle-Henney secures Pro-Am2 victory

Josh Webster swept to victory in round ten of the Porsche Carrera Cup GB at Snetterton this morning (Sunday 3 August) with a commanding performance. A mighty start laid the foundations for a superb victory for the Carrera Cup GB Scholarship driver.

Behind second-placed Michael Meadows, guest racer Richard Muscat took third overall while Rob Smith (Pro-Am1) and Peter Kyle-Henney (Pro-Am2) scored category victories.

Webster (Redline Racing) leapt ahead off the line and took an immediate lead as Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) slotted into second with Victor Jimenez (Redline Racing), Paul Rees (In2 Racing) and Muscat (Redline Racing) in hot pursuit.

While Webster drove a faultless race to extend his margin, Meadows eased clear in second and Muscat battled ahead of Jimenez to claim third on his Carrera Cup debut.

Smith (Redline Racing) was always the class of Pro-Am1 with an assured drive as Justin Sherwood (Team Parker Racing) battled to fend off Jordan Witt (Redline Racing). Eventually, Sherwood spun at Murray's after contact and Witt retired to the pits with a damaged radiator.

Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) set the Pro-Am2 pace as Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) recovered from a slow start. At mid-distance, Liquorish narrowed the gap, but Kyle-Henney responded to make sure of victory.

'The start helped a lot: it was the best start I've ever had. Massive thanks to the guys at Redline Racing, as the car was superb all race and we had good pace right to the finish."

'I'm not sure what's going on: I just didn't have the pace. Once Josh was away it was just a case of driving round for second."

Richard Muscat (Redline Racing) third overall:
'The start was not so good. Once I got past Victor Jimenez I wasn't going to close the gap to Michael. The car was consistent the whole race."

Rob Smith (Redline Racing) first in Pro-Am1:
'That's my first Pro-Am1 win, so it's brilliant and I've got 50 guests here today. I got my head down and kept up with Pepe Massot while Justin Sherwood battled with the people behind him. Then it was just a case of not messing it up."

Justin Sherwood (Team Parker Racing) second in Pro-Am2:
'The car was stuck in fifth gear for the last few laps. It wouldn't start after I got spun round and then when it did, it went up to fifth gear but then wouldn't change."

Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) first in Pro-Am2:
'We like that sort of racing! I got ahead of Steven at the first corner. By about lap seven I was struggling a bit, so I put into practice what Ben Barker has been telling me and it all worked out."

Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) second in Pro-Am2:
'I was really struggling with the rear end early in the race and Paul McKay got by me as well. It came together towards the end of the race, but it was too little too late. That was a good race by Peter."

Results round 10:
Overall: 1 Josh Webster; 2 Michael Meadows; 3 Richard Muscat
Pro-Am1 category: 1 Rob Smith; 2 Justin Sherwood
Pro-Am2 category: 1 Peter Kyle-Henney; 2 Steven Liquorish; 3 Paul McKay

Attachments

• snett07_220.jpg
    snett07_220.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 13,358
  • snett08_357.jpg
    snett08_357.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 13,358
  • snett09_357.jpg
    snett09_357.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 13,358
  • snett10_509.jpg
    snett10_509.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 13,358
Webster takes Carrera Cup GB double at Snetterton

Josh Webster takes second victory of the day in round 11
Rob Smith clinches Pro-Am1 double
Steven Liquorish takes Pro-Am2 victory

Josh Webster completed a perfect day with another win in round 11 of the Porsche Carrera Cup GB at Snetterton today (Sunday 3 August). The second win of the day for the Carrera Cup Scholarship driver took him 16 points ahead of title rival Michael Meadows, who ran a close second.

Rob Smith was the toast of Pro-Am1 with a hard-earned second win, while Steven Liquorish battled through to win Pro-Am2.

Webster (Redline Racing) got the jump at the rolling start and took a lead he would carry to the flag. However, he could never relax as Meadows (Samsung UHD TV Racing) was always in his mirrors as the gap ran at around a second and a half. Early on, guest racer Richard Muscat (Redline Racing) stayed close to Meadows before dropping back in a secure third.

Justin Sherwood (Team Parker Racing) set the early pace in Pro-Am1 but soon had Smith (Redline Racing) and Jordan Witt (Redline Racing) in close pursuit. Then, as Pro racer Paul Rees (In2 Racing) battled back ahead after a spin, Smith saw his chance and dived ahead of Sherwood to take his second Pro-Am1 win of the day. Sherwood later spun at Montreal after contact from Witt, but recovered to take third place behind Witt. Later, Witt was awarded a time penalty to reverse the finishing positions.

There was drama in Pro-Am2 when Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) made contact with Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) on the opening lap. Both drivers carried on, unsure of any damage, and it was Liquorish who was able to pull clear as Kyle-Henney moved back to second ahead of Paul McKay (In2 Racing).

'That was one of my toughest races. It's not easy leading from the front, but the team did an incredible job and the car was fantastic."

'That was better. I've been busy doing a lot of driving recently and the car hasn't been perfect this weekend. Snetterton is a track I've never won at."

Rob Smith (Redline Racing) first in Pro-Am1:
'I had to work hard for that. I let Paul Rees go and then tried to follow him when he made a move on Justin. Then Justin went a fraction wide and I got the nose of my car up inside his."

Steven Liquorish (Team Parker Racing) first in Pro-Am2:
'I so nearly pitted after the first lap because of the coming together with Peter. But I decided to do one more lap and it got better. I just had to keep it neat and tidy and stay off the kerbs."

Peter Kyle-Henney (Parr Motorsport) second in Pro-Am2:
'I got a Liquorish lunge on the first lap! It was enough of a knock to put the rear toe out. Then I got past both of them into the Hairpin, but ran wide and they came back through. Once I got ahead of Paul, Steven was away and gone."

Results round 11:
Overall: 1 Josh Webster; 2 Michael Meadows; 3 Richard Muscat
Pro-Am1 category: 1 Rob Smith; 2 Justin Sherwood; 3 Jordan Witt
Pro-Am2 category: 1 Steven Liquorish; 2 Peter Kyle-Henney

Attachments

• snett13_985.jpg
    snett13_985.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 13,351
  • snett12_985.jpg
    snett12_985.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 13,351
  • snett11_196.jpg