Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

968 Sport

yes sam theirs some left ,you no you want too .tom he 55 kg now.and you dont come in if he dosnt want you to :D he is a big softie though .brill family dogs

Attachments

• img_5796_large_271.jpg
    img_5796_large_271.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 9,876
  • img_1750_large_248.jpg
    img_1750_large_248.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 9,876
  • img_3256_large_336.jpg
    img_3256_large_336.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 9,876
  • picture_060_large_116.jpg
    picture_060_large_116.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 9,876
Kirk, Clinchy has proven that it is more than possible to fit a big dog in the back of a 993... you simply have to bring him along some time !! I'll buy him a full English! :D

elee said:
yes sam theirs some left ,you no you want too .tom he 55 kg now.and you dont come in if he dosnt want you to :D he is a big softie though .brill family dogs

I really want to but can I fit a fully grown one with a Staffie in a 968? I think I might lose the glass rear hatch at some point during a journey! Have shown pics to AnnMarie and she loves the tan one. Is that one a male or female?

I wondered how long it would be before this thread got around to being about sex.

:hand:

cyruspower said:
elee said:

I really want to but can I fit a fully grown one with a Staffie in a 968? I think I might lose the glass rear hatch at some point during a journey! Have shown pics to AnnMarie and she loves the tan one. Is that one a male or female?
think there is one of each in the tan ones

elee said:
cyruspower said:
elee said:

think there is one of each in the tan ones

Oh, this isn't good, I might need to keep this news from AnnMarie! I read that they can grow to 170lbs. That's 3lbs less than me. At least if I break down I won't need the AA!

Back to the 968 after all the dogging talk....

Just had the Becker Indianapolis and iPod Remote cable fitted, which I found unused on eBay, by John Kleis is Reading. Really pleased with the result, apart from the very average sound quality via a single pair of 6x4 front speakers and that's after I've fitted a pair of JBL GTOs.

I thought my 993 Hi-Fi/DSP option set up was average, but when you compare them back to back as contemporary stablemates from the mid-90's, the 993 must have sounded like a £20k hi-fi vs. the 968 Sport or CS!

I was also very brave at the weekend and replaced the clock bulb by following this great guide:

http://www.paragon-products.com/kb_results.asp?ID=21

The process was easy to follow and by working very carefully didn't result in any facia plate breakages or the temp sensor tube disconnecting.

I'd add the following from my experience of doing this on a 968:

7. Remove screws from heater control panel on both sides. Pull out the heater controls unit about 2 inches (5cm) so that the plastic plate covering the clock can be pulled out.

8. I didn't need to use a thin knife or small screwdriver to pry off the plate the clock is attached to. I levered it off slowly from the vent side and the hazard warning light side. It didn't take much effort at all to remove, but again, I was very gentle. Disconnect the clock and hazard warning light connectors, this enables the whole plate with the clock attached to be removed completely, allowing easy access to the bulb.

9. The bulb is exposed and can be removed by gently turning anti-clockwise one quarter turn with a small adjustable wrench.

Here's the finished result, sorry about the poor iPhone photos:

Clock1.jpg

Clock2.jpg

Clock3.jpg

I've already done 3000 miles in three months! This is one addictive car. I'm on a 5000 mile a year policy so that's out of the window in eight weeks at this rate....

Funny thing is, in three months and 3000 miles, I've not see one single 968 on the road, when driving mine or any other car!

Now that the Subaru is going to become a daily driver again and after putting 5000 miles on the 968 in five months (it's that good), I'm thinking of adapting it more for the track. I've really tried to set my mind on selling it, but it's too nice and has really got under my skin. After a fun day at Bedford earlier this year, I want to spend more time on the track.

Richie at Milestone71 has given me a really good price for KW V3s and I'm looking at sourcing a bolt in cage, maybe from Safety Devices, which I'll have painted India Red. Seats wise, I'm thinking of Recaro Apex with black Schroth Profi Harnesses. I don't think the clutch has got long left and GaryC4s told me the clutch and dampers are really easy to change, so we're going to have a go at the V3s and clutch together. Thinking of this clutch from Deutch Nine:

http://www.deutschnine.com/mm5/merc...che-transaxle-986-performance-tuning-handling

Not sure if I need to go any further than this for now, but let me know if you think I need to consider anything else. Maybe take out the rear seats and buy that CS shelf that's been on the market for ages, or get the rear seat delete kit from Deutch Nine.

http://www.deutschnine.com/mm5/merc...gory_Code=porsche-transaxle-986-aero-dynamics

Still not seen another 968 on the road since buying it in February.

Bedford32012-4.jpg

Bedford32012-23.jpg

Bedford32012-12.jpg

Bedford32012-9.jpg

TheCock said:
RobIpswichUK said:
TheCock said:
I have to honestly agree that I love that rubystone look......Sundeep, youve started something here. Sam......make it happen 968RS

Would look interesting on a 993, especially an S, you game Ben??

I would consider it if I were respraying, rubystone 964RS one of my favourite 911s...although it would be a tough call between that and slate grey!

Just to bring back to life a thread on 968s, dogging and Sam's OCD, I thought it worthy of note my own journey into a 968....and it's Slate Grey.

clinchy993 said:
Welcome back fella

Cant wait to see it ,what you got planned
:thumb:

Thanks mate - rather nice to be back. Have started a little thread....

TBH it would be nicer to be in something with the engine in the back but family/busy work commitments mean this is more reasonable a value to sit in the garage!!! Was actually looking at 944S2s but these are not much more and I prefer the look.

Plan is to run it as a daily for a couple of months....get used to it and see what they're all about. Sam and Gary loved/love theirs. Then it'll be a 3rd car as a new business means I'll have a 4x4 daily. So I'll be leaning on Gary TBH for some ideas - the car doesn't want for much, its had stacks spent on it mechanically and its spent 13 years as a 3rd car and garaged so the cosmetics are really good. It had new shocks etc in 2003 so I'm thinking a light renew is in order and I'd love to do some light track day action.

Going to be fascination to see how it handles - have read about the Sport/Club Sport production and seemingly there's not a lot between the cars.

Looking forward to catching up soon.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back