Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Singer porsche door cards ... making my own

kp964 said:
do you lads know about Northumbrian leather craft in Heaton , he is very well known for his work on classic cars but is booked solid for two years , i asked him if he would cover my seats but he hasn't got the time , i will have to find someone else , possibly southbound but there must be others .
:thumb:

I could ask Andy, who did my steering wheel and handbrake. Pretty sure he did Norm Shums custom leather interior on his maritime blue c4 lightweight. Have you seen the thread that used to be on rennlist?

Chris

deutschland-dobson said:
kp964 said:
do you lads know about Northumbrian leather craft in Heaton , he is very well known for his work on classic cars but is booked solid for two years , i asked him if he would cover my seats but he hasn't got the time , i will have to find someone else , possibly southbound but there must be others .
:thumb:

I could ask Andy, who did my steering wheel and handbrake. Pretty sure he did Norm Shums custom leather interior on his maritime blue c4 lightweight. Have you seen the thread that used to be on rennlist?

Chris

No i havnt seen it Chris ill have search for it later on is he local N/E

The lad who did the trimming is called Andy, from Cheshire. I think he works for Bentley and trims in his spare time.

Search for Nski "project Amazon" thread on rennlist and take a look.

When I get the chance to pop round take a look at my steering wheel and handbrake and see what you think :)

Guy who sells the gear knobs is a chap off Pelican forum called Manuel. They cost $100 for balsa wood or similar. Exactly like the older Porsches. Feedback from other buyers is good :)

Chris

Keith,

That is a credit to you, absolutely amazing work, I can't wait to see it!

What are your plans for the seats?

Cheers,
Paul

PS Croft Nostalgia weekend next Saturday & Sunday I'll definitely be there one of the two.

Chris i will have a look at them , Thanks .
Cheers Paul .. the seats will be recaro pole positions "velour" but covered in a mix of basket weave and smooth black leather plus chrome eyelets , doing the gear stick chrome and black knob .
I will be at croft next weekend hope to see you there for a natter .

the seats will be recaro pole positions "velour" but covered in a mix of basket weave and smooth black leather plus chrome eyelets

Doh! I've just re-read this incredible thread again and I must have missed that first time around while I greedily gobbled up your info ha! :frustrated:

Sending you a PM.

Cheers,
Paul

Whats happening at croft??

Ian

Hi Ian,

This, not to be missed. historic racing and car show, it's a bigee :thumb:

http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk/news/nostalgia.html :thumb:

Keith, let me know when you're going, I'll buy you a beer. I can only go one day though. Anyone else..... Ian??

Cheers,
Paul

Tempted. Anyone going on Sunday?

If there is a gang going ill go any day which day is best though ???
I went to the air show today (Sunday) and it was bad , hung around all day for some noise and one "modern" fighter turned up at 5 o clock to close the show , Sunday at the Sunderland air show IMO is just a second chance for the burger and ice cream lads to make some money as the entertainment was sparse and boring . Should have bought the program i hear you say :?

kp964 said:
If there is a gang going ill go any day which day is best though ???
I went to the air show today (Sunday) and it was bad , hung around all day for some noise and one "modern" fighter turned up at 5 o clock to close the show , Sunday at the Sunderland air show IMO is just a second chance for the burger and ice cream lads to make some money as the entertainment was sparse and boring . Should have bought the program i hear you say :?

I've dropped you a PM Keithster :)

If you get the chance drop me your email addy and i'll send you pics of the balsa wood gear knobs.

Shame about the airshow being a bit naff on Sunday, at least you saw the euro-fighters closing the show (by the sound of it)! :thumbs: We popped down Saturday and it was cracking (other than the odd drunk pleb!)

Chris

I can make this on sunday??

Ian

Sunday is good , ill meet you on the 69 Ian 8:30am ok ? as track parade is 9:45 you coming Thomas ?

Rock great Brian Johnson to race Mini at popular retro-flavoured motoring festival

As if there were not already enough compelling reasons to visit Croft Circuit's Nostalgia Weekend (2-3 August) with its irresistible blend of fast cars, wheel-to-wheel racing, vintage music and dress and fabulous funfair, a special guest is now set to rev anticipation into overdrive.

Legendary AC/DC front man Brian Johnson is a late addition to the sparkling Nostalgia Weekend line-up. The man famous for such rock anthems as 'Highway to Hell', 'Back in Black', 'Hells Bells' and 'You Shook Me All Night Long' will take to the circuit in the Historic Touring Cars class behind the wheel of a 1964 Mini Cooper that he purchased late last year after driving it in his television series 'CARS THAT ROCK WITH BRIAN JOHNSON'.
:sing:

Sent you a pm Keith. Can meet at Rockliffe Hall Golf Club for coffee or breakfast or both before we enter, it's only 5 mins from Croft entrance. Or can meet and drive straight in?

Cheers & apologies for hi-jack,
Paul :hijack:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back