Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Ian Donkin said:
Oh, yeah - £500 to the government as well; the downside of a May '06 car!

I'm sure they will spend it wisely :nooo:

Today I bought some aluminium mesh from Halfords...

Chris_in_the_UK said:
Ian Donkin said:
Today I bought some aluminium mesh from Halfords..

Looks good Ian!

On my list over the next few weeks.

Thanks Chris - it works! Came back from an early test today and it had stopped a couple of leaves and a dandelion clock getting through. Hardly earth shattering, but performs as hoped.

Can't really notice it from 10 feet either - very subtle indeed and as it sits far back, the openings can still be fully cleaned.

Ian Donkin said:
Today I bought some aluminium mesh from Halfords...

Looks good Ian. Did you just stick on from the back?
Any more details to share?

I trimmed the mesh leaving an overlap and then bent this overlap into the rear of the plastic moulding using long nosed pliers (but a screwdriver or similar would work just as well), then I used my glue gun (a great £10 investment) to glue the mesh to the surround.

The air ducts from the radiators then fit snugly into this area when it's all re-assembled so it's almost a secondary interference fit.

Can you even tell they are fitted:

This week (today actually), I bought 6-off M8x35 stainless bolts and 6-off M8 copper exhaust nuts to start replacing the non-existent fasteners on the cat pipe to manifold flanges where the factory nuts have literally corroded to nothing :eek:

With my first attempt this evening I managed to resurrect the thread on an existing stud (patiently using a sacrificial steel M8 nut to clean it), so in the end just a copper exhaust bold has been fitted thus far.

Cheapest spend on the car - £2.81 inclusive :)

However, no more exhaust rasp on start up I suspect :(

I also self-installed this for my 997 yesterday:

I guess it still counts as it's for the security of this car!

Haven't worked so hard in years - at about 650mm below ground I found an old concrete slab from what used to be an agricultural yard; it took me literally 4 hours to get the last 100mm or so of depth I needed.

It was a busy week for my 2S.

It was bought;

• Hartech LTT
    Centre Radiator Kit from Porsche
    New Aero wipers
    Painted front bumper
    New front numberplate plinth
    Mesh grille kit to protect rads
    Viseeo Bluetooth phone kit (excellent but not got music over BT working yet?)
    Pair of steering track rod ends
    OSF lower control arm

Then today the car is getting the LTT, rad kit, lower arm and track rod ends done as well as a geo setup.

Next week it gets the alloys refurbed, pair of front tyres and a full detail so it's well protected for the harsh scottish winter that will be upon us before long!! :)

And totally unplanned today, but very necessary:

Special thanks to 9e (Nine Excellence) for fitting in an unplanned same day job at zero notice as well as the battery gods who allowed my car to run without charging for the 90+ minutes it took to get to Horley.

Bought a new indicator stalk as my hi beam has stopped working (not fitted yet). Also bought a new centre console lid in Alcantara as my old one is cracking (non alcantara)

Expensive past few weeks seeing it listed like this :eek:
- MOT, service, plugs, brake fluid, 2 coil packs, aircon regas
- Bonnet, wings, o/s door & rear wing re spray
- All-over detail (clay, polish, wax)
- Diode hack for LED DRLs
- Millers 5w40 Nano-drive
- Hunter 4-wheel alignment
- Private number plates

Keep thinking about the Gundo PSE hack with 1.5" pipes, which seems to be the size most people go for. If anybody has a hack and is in striking distance of maidenhead, I'd love to have a listen!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back