Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nice RS replica at JZM

Hope you didn't have to wait too long for the seat to be adjusted :dont know:

I figured you were the one on the left as the chap on the right would surely drive a 993

Am really struggling to restrain myself here... are you very tall or is Mr Billionaire JZM on the small side of... small?

Jcx said:
Am really struggling to restrain myself here... are you very tall or is Mr Billionaire JZM on the small side of... small?
Mr Billionaire(is not Mr Billionaire,he is the sales director)and I woud say he is,not only a very nice bloke,but also not that small....I'd guess 5'9"/10"? which puts our viking fella at about 20' give or take an inch or two.

too old for this said:
Jcx said:
Mr Billionaire(is not Mr Billionaire,he is the sales director)and I woud say he is,not only a very nice bloke,but also not that small....I'd guess 5'9"/10"? which puts our viking fella at about 20' give or take an inch or two.

I love, love, love this car. It handles so beautifully firm and precise but is compliant on road imperfections and speed bumps. There's no crashing, creaking or bone shaking and it's quick, for me at least; it feels familiar from 0-40 but between 40-100 it propels itself unlike anything I have owned before. Or heard before. The trip was a success, I got on the ferry in torrential rain and arrived in Hoek of Holland on the hottest day of the year, where I visited my sister and her husband, who has plenty tasty metal, as you will see. Best part of the trip, driving-wise, was the A697 from Newcastle towards Edinburgh, with well sighted gorgeous stretches of road without cameras.

Some observations; the engine is super responsive and revvy (helped by the RS flywheel I imagine), the brakes are phenomenal, the four point harness is a pain but adds to the occasion. Once strapped in you'd never open the passenger window if it wasn't electric, so a big thumbs up for the leccy windows. Glad for the sunroof, too.

Occasionally the ABS light comes on when starting from hot, though a quick rev of the engine makes it go out –any clues?

I haven't managed to connect the iPhone to the Porsche Classic via Bluetooth - The unit looks great, but is awkward in the way the menus and controls are laid out. Although the satnav actually seems pretty good. And although I followed the instructions to the letter, it doesn't want to activate its Bluetooth – and there is no AUX-in. But there's really not much point in having it when there's that noise behind you.

Did I mention I love this car? It's proving to be exactly right for me, I think –it gives most of the RS fireworks with enough mod cons and forgiving suspension to make it utterly enjoyable.

There is only one replica in these pictures...

'73 911E to RSR conversion, 2.8ltr, 3.0 sump. 2.4 block bored to 2.8, twin ignition, 295hp, 915 short shift 'box:

'68 911L 2.0

Personal plate still has to go back to previous owner

Newcastle Customs took an eternity but what better way to kill time than with Simon from County Durham who had just been to The 'Ring and Spa.

With the stable mates; there's not many cars that can make a 964RS look tall.

Feels like a Stringfellows nightclub (not that I would know...) after the 911;

The car can only reminisce about any glamour here, but it's home.

Hello again (we met at Hawich getting on the ferry) 8)

I was about to ask whether yours was the JZM car when I had to get going. Looks like you had a great trip, nice pics! (Ps love that blue RSR!)

Nice one Roro - seems like shipping docks are the place to be :D How was Zandvoort?

Yep, that's definitely on the agenda - good to read of your experience there :thumb:

Stunning, thanks for sharing!

Simon is a fountain of knowledge, and hopefully setting up the suspension on mine in the next few weeks :)

Chris

wildatheart said:
paul284pt said:
Maybe a '911' badge, instead?

Don't worry about it, keep the RS badge, or put back a Carrera 2 badge, or de-badge but not the 911 badge please.

Agreed - I'll keep the RS badge.

Mixed feelings for me , if it isn't genuine why the RS badge ?

Thanks b/u - unfortunately this is the state of play in Edinburgh today

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back