Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Singer porsche door cards ... making my own

kp964 said:
Neil i gave your car the once over today at TF while it was up in the air , you need to get that secondary muffler off and a g pipe fitted :D

I haven't seen the old girl for more than a month, starting to miss her now. :sad: Not sure about the g-pipe as it's already got a primary bypass and sport cat. My neighbours might have a sense of humour failure! :lol: :grin: But more importantly, where are my brake calipers??!! :eek:

Back on topic, I'll likely end up using this thread to copy your door card approach. Like you, I'll go with a single speaker front as they don't get used too often. Great work!

I've only just stumbled across this.

Great work, and inspirational.

I hope Singer don't slam you for breach of copyright!

:)

I can't wait to see it in the flesh. Your taking your second stint of 964 ownership to another level.

It wasn't so long ago you couldn't (wouldn't?) wield a spanner.

Good stuff.

:thumb:

Last I heard Chief was taking a hacksaw to that German helmet :whistle:

Absolutely spot on with those Keith, seriously impressive :thumb:

What did you use for the chrome trim?

Can't wait to see the finished articles.

Cheers,
Paul

Pete im a new man :grin: fitted a Steve Wong chip my self then replaced the distributor caps rotor arms and engine mounts , had the inner arches of etc , i could quite happily eat my fish and chips of those arches .
Next will be black seats and then the gear stick and centre console possibly deleting this , im going for pole positions in velour then covering them in a mixture of Basket weave and smooth black leather with plenty of chrome eyelets , the gear stick i am going chrome stick with a traditional black shiny knob !! hard to find with the correct gear pattern engraved in the top .
Kind of Singer look but different .

Attachments

• 53_the_passenger_door_has_the_door_lock_knob_fitted__i_deleted_the_one_from_the_drivers_door__...jpg
    53_the_passenger_door_has_the_door_lock_knob_fitted__i_deleted_the_one_from_the_drivers_door__...jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 5,771
  • 52_the_light_coloured_seats_have_to_go__117.jpg
    52_the_light_coloured_seats_have_to_go__117.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 5,771
  • 51_554.jpg
    51_554.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 5,771
  • 50_991.jpg
    50_991.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 5,771
  • 49_heavy_duty_leather_pulls_567.jpg
    49_heavy_duty_leather_pulls_567.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 5,771
last photos .. i still need the two Chrome window switches for the drivers door :thumb:

Attachments

• 59_finished_but_without_the_two_chrome_window_switches_on_the_drivers_door__on_order_450.jpg
    59_finished_but_without_the_two_chrome_window_switches_on_the_drivers_door__on_order_450.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 5,509
  • 58_392.jpg
    58_392.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 5,509
  • 57_725.jpg
    57_725.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 5,509
  • 56_625.jpg
    56_625.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 5,509
paul284pt said:
Absolutely spot on with those Keith, seriously impressive :thumb:

What did you use for the chrome trim?

Can't wait to see the finished articles.

Cheers,
Paul

Its U shaped chrome edge trim Paul , sticky gel inside from car builder solutions £10 , i ordered 8 and 10mm the 8mm is to thin :thumb:

Excellent,just excellent....and so much more satisfying than just paying someone for "individuality"....love it.

Just brilliant Keith, can't wait to see how you get on with the rest of the interior :thumbs:

Great bit of work Keith. Looks like a proper job. :thumb:

Flippin heck KP, they're the business all fitted up!

Love the plans you've got for the rest of the interior!

If you need a hand spraying the rear seats black to save some money let me know. I'll not have the gear up and running until October though.

Would these help for your chrome window switches?

https://m.automotion.com/interior-parts-and-trim/door.html

Should be a uk supplier somewhere.

If you want a traditional wood gear knob I know a chap who can help. He does a variate of wood types.

Chris

Attachments

• image_448.jpg
    image_448.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 6,280
Fantastic Keith well done, give yourself a pat on the back mate :thumb:
When do you think you can start on the seats??

Ian

Amazing work...just ingenious!! :thumb:

Can't wait to see it completed with the new seats etc!

Rich

Thanks a lot for the comments guys , much appreciated :thumb:
Chris i have the switches on order from design911 i tried your link but couldn't see them , bet they are cheaper too , that's a good web site and thanks Your pal could well help me out with the black knob , i want a traditional old 911 shiny black one and it has to be spot on so i could have a look at what he can do .. need the proper gear pattern inlaid in white on the top .
Ian i will slowly start the work to the seats and gear stick , as you know it all costs but making plans now to start on the shifter and console , i might strip that back to metal and paint it , give me a few months till its done though , may get the seats while im on but it will cost for the leather and then there is the the trimmers bill , do you lads know about Northumbrian leather craft in Heaton , he is very well known for his work on classic cars but is booked solid for two years , i asked him if he would cover my seats but he hasn't got the time , i will have to find someone else , possibly southbound but there must be others .
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back