Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlamps .... Silly Question ?

Wylecoyote

Silverstone
Anybody out there know if the headlamps on the current 911 are sealed

i noticed what i thought was dust on the inside of mine --garage door was closed and lights were on and i noticed it -- otherwise dont suppose i would have , now its bugging me

am i going nuts ?

or do they flip off and you can clean inside

You can't open them (not without the aid of an oven or cutting equipment)

But they aren't exactly sealed either, they are vented to allow pressure, temp and humidity changes to occur without explosion.

thanks for the info

seems strange all the dust in there

Of my description, I mentioned the intentional openings.

But you should perhaps check the bulb access is fully tightened too. If they are then the apertures are screwed shut, but if they aren't, then it is another entry point.

Perhaps the lamp shells were left sitting before fitment? (before bulbs added and screwed shut)

OK, a bit academic now how it may have got in there, it you don't like it, gaffer tape some 5-10mm flexible tubing to the end of your Hoover hose (eg window washer jet tubing) and carefully suck the dust via the rear bulb ports (looking through the front lens to guide the end and taking care not to move or damage the internals)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back