Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 GT3 Global Recall from 'multi car fires', UPDATED 2017

nick w said:
Kryton said:
jackal2513 said:
wonder what this might mean for forthcoming RS sales ?

Well given the order book is massively oversubscribed with each dealer It'll
mean sod all I'd say.

I do have a deposit on one :worship:

..Well I don't know which dealer has accepted your deposit, but they're not
supposed to until said car has been formally announced. I've offered a
deposit twice now and have been asked not to transfer anything over until
they actually request it....(I sent in my letter of intent April 2011 !!)..

..So, as you can appreciate, I'm intrigued. :wink:

Well I contacted various dealers to try and submit an LOI and received the same reply, no deposit little chance of a car!!!! deposits count LOI carry no weight-so that's all I can tell you.---dealers eh! can't live with them can't live without them :lol:

If I don't get a car I'll just move onto the 991 GT2

Kryton said:
nick w said:
Kryton said:
jackal2513 said:
wonder what this might mean for forthcoming RS sales ?

Well given the order book is massively oversubscribed with each dealer It'll
mean sod all I'd say.

I do have a deposit on one :worship:

..Well I don't know which dealer has accepted your deposit, but they're not
supposed to until said car has been formally announced. I've offered a
deposit twice now and have been asked not to transfer anything over until
they actually request it....(I sent in my letter of intent April 2011 !!)..

..So, as you can appreciate, I'm intrigued. :wink:

Well I contacted various dealers to try and submit an LOI and received the same reply, no deposit little chance of a car!!!! deposits count LOI carry no weight-so that's all I can tell you.---dealers eh! can't live with them can't live without them :lol:

If I don't get a car I'll just move onto the 991 GT2

I take it that you gave them the deposit recently...ie in the last year ?..
as always, with the actual supply of RS's into our RHD market, the
numbers of cars coming here will be negligible. In essence, buyers of
the last incarnation, would put their letters in when they received their
last cars...deposits are not deemed to be necessary because the buyers are
pretty much hardcore.

We shall see.. :wink:

I was told large dealerships 5 cars max, small 3 cars max, I'm not that fussed either way because I do also fancy a circa 205mph car (new GT2) because I don't track my cars :thumb:

Some dealerships I contacted had 8-10 LOI's plus a minimum of 5 deposits :eek:

991 GT3s ready for delivery to their owners?

A row of 5 seen at Tonbridge today.

Which would be nice were not for the fact that the original delivery date for the 991 GT3 was November 2013...

Early cars are out there though. There were a couple being driven very carefully at the DN event at the 'ring in the week, but I also heard a few second hand stories about some alleged failures at Spa... Anyone else have any detailed information on that?

I saw a couple at goodwood FOS. blue and cherry red.

big motor now compared to the 997 and especially the 996. still looks awesome though.

few pics here:

997s:

and my all time fave the 996:

Interestingly, the OPC network currently have a total of 3 GT3s (of any kind) available for sale.

2 are 991 GT3s with less than 1000 miles on them and the wrong seats. The other is a 997.2 Clubsport, for which they are asking (sit down for this one) £94990. It is a low mileage car, but that is essentially a little above the list price for the car as specced when it was built 4 years ago. Not even an RS...

Disco said:
Interestingly, the OPC network currently have a total of 3 GT3s (of any kind) available for sale.

2 are 991 GT3s with less than 1000 miles on them and the wrong seats. The other is a 997.2 Clubsport, for which they are asking (sit down for this one) £94990. It is a low mileage car, but that is essentially a little above the list price for the car as specced when it was built 4 years ago. Not even an RS...

Wow...!!! that is quite unbelievable money. :grin:

I followed a metallic red 991 GT3 back from Le mans last weekend - It looked, and sounded totally awesome.

If nothing else it made me realise you need to spec these cars in a decent colour - white, silver, grey.... :?: No way.

Seriously, I'd have one in red please

Richyd said:
I followed a metallic red 991 GT3 back from Le mans last weekend - It looked, and sounded totally awesome.

If nothing else it made me realise you need to spec these cars in a decent colour - white, silver, grey.... :?: No way.

Once you've seen the other colours in the flesh you might think differently - Rhodium Silver looks amazing..!

Sidicks said:
Richyd said:

Once you've seen the other colours in the flesh you might think differently - Rhodium Silver looks amazing..!

I've seen silver, red, white and black in the metal thus far. For me, out of those: red is the winner and black the runner up, though all do work on the car.

I was reading this today:

"Saw quite a few in germany with problems including 4 Uk cars that went over for the weekend to the ring and only one drove home !Two others on ramps with oil chucked out everywhere and waiting for porsche to collect them.Could have been simple problems but the garage did not seem to think so.All of them had had new engines and run them in"

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back