Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buying a used Cayenne Turbo (2010-)

alex_123_fra

Hi all, first post so please go easy.

I am in the market for a used Cayenne Turbo (new shape). Very few available for sale on the approved used Porsche pages (under 10 usually at any one time).

In terms of PPI, is it worth getting this if buying from a Porsche dealer as well as independents?

Is Porsche extended warranty worthwhile getting? Are there independent versions which are as good?

Finally, any tips when looking at used Cayennes?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, first of all.......Welcome to the site.....I'm sure you will find lots of usefule stuff on here ...although maybe not so much about the Cayenne....

I have no direct ownership experience to relate to the new cayenne , but I'm sure the Turbo will be an 'Interesting' car... I have been looking at a previous model Turbo recently and it's only the fuel consumption and the centre console that is making me think about whether I want to make the purchase ....
Buying a 2010 model , I would personally buy from an OPC ( official Porsche centre) peace of mind and warranty....
You might find a good one at an Independent , but do your homework first on here regarding Independents as there are as usual , good and bad Independents( in the same way as there are good and bad OPC's)

I have always bought my cars from OPC's but that's personal and not for everyone....usually based on personal historic buying experience...!

If you are looking at the new model Cayenne, I think the best tip is buy the best one you can in the spec and colour you want, it really is to satisfy you , don't think about the ' resale value' or best options to get for the next owner ... Buy for yourself!!

Hope this helps a little...

T

I have owned 3 cayennes but all the previous model. 2 of the S models and one turbo.

not too sure about the current models but the old ones had an issue with the coolant pipes popping.

The auto box has an issue with the valve chest that can cause very violent changes that feel like you have been rear ended.

fuel consumption is :eek:

performance for a big heavy car is nothing short of madness for the turbo, especially with a remap

:grin:

good cars but having had 3 and all of them having serious issues at around 80 - 100k miles i will be giving them a wide birth from now on. maybe the new models have had all these issues addressed though?

Thanks guys, very helpful. After much searching, I have put a deposit on a Panamera turbo instead (from an OPC).

I will be posting in the relevant subforum.

Thanks again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back