Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stereo always on

weejimmy

Spa-Francorchamps
So here's the scenario. I am listening to my iPod, then turn off the stereo (gotta soak up that sports exhaust) and subsequently park up and lock the car.

When I come back and restart it, the stereo is back on but with the volume turned right down (so the fact it was off is ignored and the last used volume setting lost) and its on a different source than I was listening to (FM radios Vs iPod).

Is there a setting somewhere ... is it user error ... or just a crap design?

One of several areas where I am finding PCM feels like a downgrade from the iDrive2 in my old BMW.

:?:

PCM is indeed not consistent. One key tilts the side mirror completely, the other only part way. Consistent at least, but strange behaviour.

Not being able to switch off the stereo is a bit off as well, you can only mute it.

You could try going in to the dealer for them to sort out or reset settings for keys etc.
I don't think it's a crap design, could be user error, I remember the BMW iDrive system use to get a lot of complaints then people seemed to get used to it.
If you're not keen on the handbook you can download an app from itunes "Porsche Good To Know" it can be quite useful. Good luck.

If you were listening to your iPod on the previous use then the PCM tries to reconnect - if it doesn't detect your iPod then it automatically switches to FM.

I believe the volume for each input (FM/ipod/aux) is independent and memorised from the last use.

If you want it off completely then press and hold the mute button to switch off the PCM unit altogether - it will stay off on subsequent drives until you want it on again...HTH

Thanks Gents. Have read the manual and have the iPhone app - but they didnt answer the Q. I think what is happening is that the iPod is taking a while to resynch, so it defaults back to FM which I dont use, so the volume is down. WIll do some more playing.

Agree with the comment that iDrive takes some getting used to. Just come from 10 years in BMW's so I am having to unlearn a bunch of things!

:dont know:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back