Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttt's 993 C4S Journal

I think once the suspension is dropped they will sit flush and having done some research 9x18 ET50 has been done successfully but is borderline so I think until I get some rubber on I won't know for certain.

My biggest concern was clearance over the big reds as there will be no scope for spacers and that bit worked.

So it's fingers crossed and trial fit. They are either going to look perfect or won't fit, there won't be much leeway

:dont know:

Well good luck, TBH alot of the wheel/spacer/tyre thing is suck it and see!

I think I need a holiday first, too much stress :thumb:

Exhaust Sound Update:

I've been meaning to update my journal on this subject since the car was remapped last year. One of the unexpected enhancements of the Wayne Schofield remap was the exhaust note. It was noticeable immediately on driving the car that it sounded much better so I have added a 3rd video below:

1. Stock OEM mufflers
2. OEM RSR Mufflers (nb OEM big oval exhaust tips added but they don't affect sound).
3. OEM RSR Mufflers and remap

1. Stock OEM mufflers

2. OEM RSR Mufflers (nb OEM big oval exhaust tips added but they don't affect sound).

3. OEM RSR Mufflers and remap

The exhaust sounds tinnier on film than it does in real life as cameras struggle to pick up the base notes but you get the idea. After the remap the exhaust pops and burbles a lot more freely. Its great in traffic in 2nd gear and awesome under load when accelerating :thumb:

ps I was driving back from the City centre this afternoon and passed a new AMG S Class Merc (the 6.3). The guy in it pulled up to me at the next lights, wound his window down and shouted across "really beautiful beautiful car mate". I've said it before but will say it again no car I have ever driven gets so many genuine compliments on the road.

Thanks Jonttt, as we discussed before sound clips are always difficult re pitch but you can definitely hear the difference in 'pops' on lift off from the third clip ie after the Wayne remap. I'm hooked so just trying to book up a date (via text!) with Wayne for September. Bob

:thumb:

Well worth it, your second gear pickup will be a lot better. Wayne knows these cars so well that he will spot any small (or large) problems with performance of your car. Its worth being patient with him, he is a busy man for the right reasons :wink:

jonttt - many thanks for going to the trouble of capturing and sharing the videos (along with everything else in this journal) :thumbs:.

You've also done a very good job of selling big ovals and RSRs :x ..:lol:.

Latest "upgrade" is for........ sunglasses storage 8)

Whats the point in fumbling around for them when they can be in easy reach on the passenger sunvisor. Easy to remove one handed without taking your eyes off the road :thumb:

Available for Halfords for a few £....

I took a run out to a local car show over lunchtime today. Great weather and I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and variety of cars on show for such a local event (Lydiate Social Club).

Only a few porsches but a great 911T rally spec car and a nice 964 convertable. I spoke to the owner of the 964 for a while and I know he visits here so say hello

Jon

Great to meet you today great little show. Very impressed with your car it's stunning loved the seats.

Hope it's never for sale she's keeper.

Paul

Hi Paul, likewise, great to chat with a real Porsche enthusiast. You drove off before I got any pics of your car, that's what you get for taking the family with you lol. I was really surprised how good it was, kept me entertained for a few hours browsing the cars and talking to owners. Your mates merc was immaculate, the best car at the show ;-)

Yeah he keeps getting offers but won't sell.

Think he wanted your car funny enough lol.

Yeah some nice old cars be a big event next year.

Its that time of year again, time for the annual spit and polish.....

Now that I'm getting old and own a Porsche I tend to break the process down over a couple of weeks. With Silverstone Classic at the end of the month that was the impetus to stop watching the tortoise in the garden and do something constructive :thumb:

So phase one after having washed the car a few days ago (I never like waxing a freshly washed / damp car) was a clay, wax and sealant to the main body.....

nb my car only gets fair weather use so I was not expecting much from the clay but it always amazes me no matter how clean a car, no matter how little contaminent the clay removes, how silky & buttery the paintwork feels after. It makes the waxing sooooo much easier

I just use a generic cheap quick detailer liquid as a lubricant for the clay

Then apply my favorite wax, no cheating with liquids, a good old fashioned wax which is easy to apply / remove even in full sun

and then a sealant is applied (marine grade :wink: )

So phase two over the next week will be:

- the same as above to all door shuts
- all rubber seals to be fed
- glass cleaner inside and out
- full leather feed inside (the 4S is full leather) excluding new front seat leather
- tyres dressed
- big ovals polished
- hoover carpets
- check for dust under tax disc holder

I'll hopefully get some updated pics when its all clean

Good stuff jon... just one thought: should you not seal then wax vs. wax then seal?!

Jcx said:
Good stuff jon... just one thought: should you not seal then wax vs. wax then seal?!

+1 on that I'm afraid. You're applying two final stage finished which don't component each other. Once the paint is properly prepped one of those products would do. And you can later with a second coat.

Collinite is old school but reliable and long lasting. I'd stick with that.

Try floating the tin in boiling water for 10 mins beforehand. It'll go on much easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back